• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    The only thing Northams fence protected was... errr it prevented.... ah.... Um. Nothing at all.

Lots of people were searched and were forced to disarm with zero benefit to public safety. Sounds like the rest of their fun safety proposals. All harm, no benefit.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    The only thing Northams fence protected was... errr it prevented.... ah.... Um. Nothing at all.

Lots of people were searched and were forced to disarm with zero benefit to public safety. Sounds like the rest of their fun safety proposals. All harm, no benefit.

The governor will Spin this to claim that because of his proactive disarmament, he prevented violence.

I think it’s important to counter this message with one of our own that the pro 2a supporters which showed up ARE Peaceful and respectful folks who never had any intention of causing violence or harming others.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    The governor will Spin this to claim that because of his proactive disarmament, he prevented violence.

I think it’s important to counter this message with one of our own that the pro 2a supporters which showed up ARE Peaceful and respectful folks who never had any intention of causing violence or harming others.

I think that will be pretty tough for him to do, considering the 5,000 people carrying rifles and sidearms literally on the other side of his little fence.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

Been meaning to ask you...have you spoken to your client that said he wasn't worried about the dims winning in VA because they have different dims than we have in MD? He didn't seem like he was going to vote. I hope he's got Jesus now.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

Another perspective is his capitol cage had nothing to do with the peaceful assembly of well armed citizens surrounding it. The crowd was inherently peaceful despite thousands carrying pistols and at least a couple thousand carrying "assault firearms".

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

If Northam's Safety Camp inside the fence were effective, it's "common sense" to expect that there would have been chaos, violence, and bloodshed outside ... yes?

Further, there were plenty of people on the inside of the perimeter who could have caused issues via "bum rush" or other surge methods that would have easily overwhelmed the police.

But *we* don't commit violence upon others as a first-choice. That's Team Liberal.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Been meaning to ask you...have you spoken to your client that said he wasn't worried about the dims winning in VA because they have different dims than we have in MD? He didn't seem like he was going to vote. I hope he's got Jesus now.

I have. He said that if this stuff passes he plans to move, but we did not get unto a deep discussion. He is still my customer so I’m not about to lecture him about how I feel that the apathy that he expressed prior, and how I think it was probably quite common amongst Virginians and likely the reason that they are now faced with this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom