• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    The software does have a zoom feature so if the camera is placed 8-10ft from the target you can see the surrounding backer in case of a flyer and you can zoom right in to see the target only or subsection of the target. That's all controlled directly from the software.

Just out of curiosity what was the show price for the Standard Edition? Any chance I could still get the show price?

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I don't believe AGC will allow any metal down range. This is what I've found concerning targets. I can't find anything about what you're wanting to do, but targets and frames must not deflect round in an unsafe direction (RICOCHET).

Quoted from the AGC webpage
    *** TARGETS ***

Range specific target and frame dimensional data is depicted at the end of this document.
    On the 50, 100 and 200 yard ranges, Other types of targets may be used provided that the round easily passes through them and strikes the impact berm. Examples: Tennis balls, ping pong balls, golf balls, plastic bottles, charcoal briquettes, chalk, etc.
    It is the shooters responsibility, that regardless of;

a. The target frame origin (AGC or shooter furnished), or
    b. The shooters firing position (Standing, Kneeling, Sitting, Creedmoor, Prone), or
    c. The shooters height;

The shooter must ensure proper target height such that fired rounds do not “earth” anywhere between the firing line and the Impact Berm.

The Impact Berm is the exposed earthen berm just beyond the maximum target distance of the Range being utilized.

Pictures, caricatures or illustrations depicting real people may not be used as targets.
    Targets and Target Frames must not be capable of deflecting a projectile in an unsafe direction.
    Targets containing explosives or glass are not permitted.
    Targets may not be placed on the Impact Berm. Please keep off the Impact Berm.
    You are responsible for your target line clean up.

I hope this helps. I wouldn't want to see you spend that kinda money and not be able to use it.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Thanks, I will contact them
    the ammocam edition (abount the size of an ammo can) sits on the ground not on a tripod, so if you are hitting that you are not hitting the berm and already violating the rules. I do believe a rifle round would go right thru it in any rate.

I hope they would allow it though
    Dan

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The software does have a zoom feature so if the camera is placed 8-10ft from the target you can see the surrounding backer in case of a flyer and you can zoom right in to see the target only or subsection of the target. That's all controlled directly from the software.

Thanks. I asked about zooming when I had the unit demonstrated at the show and was told zooming could not be done. Perhaps I misunderstood that you had to zoom from the software.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    thanks for the info, I will investigate further and call them Monday
    Picture does not look skewed on video's
    http://www.bullseyecamera.com/videos.html
    How long ago did you see it and what price did the offer
    Dan

I saw them at the Harrisburg show on Feb 9. My recollection it was $50 off. I could be wrong.

I'm thinking the only really safe way to use one of these things at AGC is on the end targets at the 200 yd range angled such that they are not in front of the target. The skewing I saw occurred when the camera was angled away from the target.

I'm still contemplating getting one, BTW, since I just hate it when I practice rapid fire and shoot for 1 minute and then have to wait 30+ minutes for a cease fire.

So the ability to shoot several 10 shot rapid strings and have the software remember each string is very appealing to me.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Have you experienced any ranges that is denying the use of your system due to the potential of ricochets?

Jim Smith

Feb 16, 2015
    Have you experienced any ranges that is denying the use of your system due to the potential of ricochets?

Jim Smith

We have not had any reported issues and we have over 5000 of these out in use. The box itself is plastic, so if the box was hit, it wouldn't be a direct ricochet.

Feb 16, 2015
    I saw them at the Harrisburg show on Feb 9. My recollection it was $50 off. I could be wrong.

I'm thinking the only really safe way to use one of these things at AGC is on the end targets at the 200 yd range angled such that they are not in front of the target. The skewing I saw occurred when the camera was angled away from the target.

I'm still contemplating getting one, BTW, since I just hate it when I practice rapid fire and shoot for 1 minute and then have to wait 30+ minutes for a cease fire.

So the ability to shoot several 10 shot rapid strings and have the software remember each string is very appealing to me.

If you place the camera directly below target looking up the skewing is very limited - in actual practice (using the systems) the skewing doesn't alter your ability to see the shots or distance between shots as it's all relative.

Feb 16, 2015
    Just out of curiosity what was the show price for the Standard Edition? Any chance I could still get the show price?

We can only offer our show specials (free shipping, etc.) at a show as we don't want to upset our dealer network and we support them just as they support us - if you google around, you may be able to find a better deal than MSRP.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Best for that is a Kongsberg target system. But those make the bullseye camera look like a bargain.

Feb 16, 2015

Our system will work well for your application - if you shoot 10 shot rapid strings, it won't show each shot in order as ours is not a full auto system, but it will show the 10 shot burst blinking each time.

For example - if you shoot the first 10 shot burst it will show all 10 holes (assuming hits :) ) blinking, then when you shoot the 2nd 10 shot group you will see those blinking and the first set not blinking and so on, so as long as you are tearing paper or altering the target, you will see the latest shot or shots blinking, something you could never see with a spotting scope.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    There are ways to mount an iPhone or camera on a spotting scope. Search for "digiscoping". The bird watchers do it a lot.

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Thanks, I will contact them
    the ammocam edition (abount the size of an ammo can) sits on the ground not on a tripod, so if you are hitting that you are not hitting the berm and already violating the rules. I do believe a rifle round would go right thru it in any rate.

I hope they would allow it though
    Dan

I sent an email to AGC to the Executive VP asking about this, but have not heard back yet

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I sent an email to AGC to the Executive VP asking about this, but have not heard back yet
    AGC, responded and says the ammocan version would be ok to use. I had only asked about that one, but have now asked about the tripod versions in case others would be interested in that one

Feb 16, 2015
    AGC, responded and says the ammocan version would be ok to use. I had only asked about that one, but have now asked about the tripod versions in case others would be interested in that one

Thanks for the update. Many ranges purchase our units and loan/rent them to users. Keeps the firing lines hot as no one has to go downrange all the time every few shots.

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County

Here is the answer from AGC for the tripod version.

"The tripod would probably fall into the dreaded “it depends” category. A tripod that takes the camera off of the ground will become subjective as to whether or not it is too high. While still not technically a violation in and of itself, I don’t see how we would address this without another long and confusing range rule which nobody wants. I’d recommend sticking with the camera on the ground."

Dan

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    What is going on that has folks worried about missing a 2' target at 300 yards and hitting a .30cal ammo can on accident?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What is going on that has folks worried about missing a 2' target at 300 yards and hitting a .30cal ammo can on accident?

Range rules. Doesn't matter how weird or stupid some may be, you have to ask before just showing up and putting something down range without permission or an understanding.

Jim Smith

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I checked with Hap Baker their answer is " No we do not allow anything down range except paper targets". I was planning to use it on my own property but it would be nice to be able to use it at the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom