What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I routed out my bench top today for a flush Inline Fabrication quick change mount. I have been using one on my bench already, but I wanted another. :party29:

My bench started life as a $100 Harbor Freight special several years ago. It's bolted into a cinder block wall with a dozen fasteners. The original 5/8" bench top is still there.

However, the new addition is a 4'x23"x1.5" top (made with 2x12 and scrap) seriously bolted into the original top and frame. I gave the new top a routed out area for the Inline flush mount. I also added a sheet of matte black Formica over the top to match the original top. It is flat and smooth over the mount to Formica transition. I counter sank all of the screws. (Tip: use painters tape to keep the Formica happy when drilling it.)

Now I have the quick change ultramount on the right and flush mount on the left. I put my monster vise (with custom plate from Inline) on to see how solid it felt. Happy, happy, happy!

My son helped me with those hard to reach areas under the bench when tightening down the top. This project has been on my list for about 3 years, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Attachments

• bench-with-flush-mount.jpg
      bench-with-flush-mount.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 376
    • bench-with-vise.jpg
      bench-with-vise.jpg
      96.7 KB · Views: 363

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Nicely done but way too uncluttered. :rolleyes:

I have a vice like yours but I have it mounted on a piece of cut oak tree that weights about 250 pounds. It works really well for doing heavy work. ;)

The clutter is off camera waiting to be reinstalled. :D We had just finished gorilla tightening the screws down when I took the pics. I give my solemn promise that it will never look like this again as long as I am its owner!

Being attached into the wall really changed the character of the bench. That's the only reason I can use that vise on it. I'm also happy that I won't have to haul it up onto that ultramount again (unless the job requires it).

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    45ACP Practice Ammo: 200gr lead SWC; 5.2gr WW231; WW Primer...

Attachments

• dillon092220resized.jpg
      dillon092220resized.jpg
      93.5 KB · Views: 320

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Prepping 100 pieces of 17 Remington brass I received last week.
    Sized and cleaned, now hand trimming length.
    Once finished I'll just load 10-20 rounds as needed.
    The last brass (fired factory 25gr Rem rounds) lasted through 3 reloads.
    This should last me my lifetime.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I just started reloading. Luckily I bought components in January. Yesterday I was able to load a few different parameters and actually go test. I think I am hooked. It was nice seeing results from it.

For my .308 bolt gun I tried tipped SMK and HPBT in 175gr. I used Varget and IMR 4064. Glad there is such vast knowledge on this forum. Now I have to load more and confirm at some distance. Thanks.

Oh, some results. Varget hpbt, tipped IMR, IMR hpbt. I think all are about the same which is nice.

20fde6cd2d537246c0ec0c93ffd8a38c.jpg

4d092b2f5af100d8d4ca5ff04d7bd271.jpg

82c8b3c7e7e56bbb4d89688182733f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just finished loading 500 9mm 124g plateds from Everglades over 5.1g Longshot. My 19 loves this load.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm in the process of putting the clutter back right now. I have no problem achieving that 'messy but I know where it is' look. :innocent0
    I have renewed faith in you PowPow. :D

I'd post a pic of my work bench, but I'm afraid if the county saw it they'd be over here shutting me down! :lol2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    People with neat workspaces should be banned.

Does this mean I get promoted to chief MDS reloader?

I’ll be honest, my reloading bench isn’t often much neater organized than this.

Some 32acp primer cases waiting for powder and bullets. Also my Redding stand that just showed up, that perfectly fits my Lyman T-mag heads so now I can organize them (and room to buy another head!).

And a lot of other stuff. Also got more drywall to continue finishing my basement (all 34 sheets). So my gun room gets the other half of the drywall soon to be finished.

Attachments

• 25B7480A-6976-496A-90CA-4CF5A78DE8F7.jpg
      25B7480A-6976-496A-90CA-4CF5A78DE8F7.jpg
      101.2 KB · Views: 188

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom