• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Wow 6 year lurker. :)
    Here I thought I was a wallflower when I first joined.

Prefer it at the end of the season in Feb. Let the archery guys start with out all the boom booms for a bit, small game comes in too pretty early.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Proposed Action: Create a statewide primitive-weapon deer hunting season. Legal hunting devices for this proposed new season will include: long bows, recurve bows, flintlock pistols and rifles, and percussion sidelock pistols and rifles. No telescopic or modern optics will be permitted on any hunting device.

They don't know if they will start before bow with it, first three days of February or when. Guys are commenting to make the October Muzzy season primitive and December inlines and scopes. Who know with this one right now.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I like the idea of a primitive season. Might be the nudge I need to take my recurve out.

I wish they would do a statewide reduction of the safety zone during archery season.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Proposed Action: Create a statewide primitive-weapon deer hunting season. Legal hunting devices for this proposed new season will include: long bows, recurve bows, flintlock pistols and rifles, and percussion sidelock pistols and rifles. No telescopic or modern optics will be permitted on any hunting device.

They don't know if they will start before bow with it, first three days of February or when. Guys are commenting to make the October Muzzy season primitive and December inlines and scopes. Who know with this one right now.

Let's hope they leave early Muzzy season alone regarding inlines ans scopes and ADD days for flintlocks and percussion's. It would be delightful to use my old CVA once again.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Let's hope they leave early Muzzy season alone regarding inlines ans scopes and ADD days for flintlocks and percussion's. It would be delightful to use my old CVA once again.

Yeah I like my early muzzleloader season. I’m going to be pretty pissed if they take it away. They could take a week out of archery and add this new category or do it later after late rifle.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    You could use your CVA in any of the 3 firearm seasons, early ML, late ML, or regular firearms. Guys you can use the recurve in any of the open seasons.

I'm not opposed to a set season though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There already are primitive seasons. WTF? Everyone needs to feel special. Everybody gets a trophy! Give me a friggin break.

My response:
    Primitive seasons already exist. By adding more hunting pressure to the deer population, you will merely aid in pushing deer further towards nocturnalism.

Coyotes should be hunted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They need to be brought back under control.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    You could use your CVA in any of the 3 firearm seasons, early ML, late ML, or regular firearms. Guys you can use the recurve in any of the open seasons.

I'm not opposed to a set season though.

It is that "or" thing that has me concerned. I can already use my old percussion scope-less CVA rifle now in all 3 seasons if I want to handicap myself. They had better not not make modern inline scoped Muzzy's illegal during early Muzzy season! I'm hope the intention is to ADD hunting days w/ primitive weapons in addition to the the regular season to promote hunting.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

That’s my preference. Want to tinker, add 3 days of primitive first 3 days of February. Maybe make the limits for primitive as per of the bow limits so they count towards each other.

Leave early ML alone. Or at a minimum leave the either sex first 3 days alone.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    That which is old is to perhaps become new again?

Maryland muzzleloader season used to be defined as flintlock and percussion. There were no inlines, and telescopic sights were not allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom