Bullseye Pistol Dot Sights: What’s the bee’s knees these days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Or should I say, “Precision” Pistol? (Or, “Conventional?”)

For those of you who shoot precision pistol, What is the best pistol dot sight to go atop a bullseye rimfire pistol, these days?

Shooting distance is 50-ft as part of an Winter Indoor / Gallery Pistol League.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Ultradot brand sights are very popular and good quality for the money. I have several on my Bullseye guns and definitely recommend them.

Microdot sights seem to be popular these days too...Aimpoint sells a couple different models (very pricey). I got a microdot from Primary Arms for around $90 that I like. It's not as nice as Aimpoint but at 20% the cost it works just fine for Bullseye. One issue with microdots is that if you shoot outdoors, you really need to have extension tubes to keep rain off the glass.

If shooting only indoors, I would also consider reflex sights like the Trijicon RMR, Trijicon MRO, Leupold Deltapoint, etc. These add very little weight to the gun and work great. They don't do well in inclement weather (rain drops on glass) but not an issue indoors.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Hog, THANK YOU!

I didn’t even know what I don’t know!

Appreciate the pricey heads up AND especially the indoors tip!

Passing the info on now (and checking OpticsPlanet out myself :-]

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    OP,
    I haven't shot indoors at 50 ft but would say that optimal dot size will vary with the shooter. I like the Ultradot Match Dot II because it allows me to change the size of the dot. On days where my hold is more steady than others, I like to use a 2 MOA dot. Other days I like a large 8 MOA dot that obscures or almost obscures the black of the bullseye but that's just me.

If you've got the vision and the hold, I would think a smaller dot size would be better for indoor gallery shooting. If you have the opportunity, consider asking if other shooters will let you fire their guns after a match or at least handle them so you can see which dot size seems best.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    I have an Ultra Dot in the classified. Goes from 2 to 8 MOA Dot. Only used it a few times on a Ruger Mark III. If you are looking for Bullseye sight it is one of the best. Take a look at it under Optics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom