Maryland De Facto Law Constitution Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Would it be considered jury tampering if one was to walk on the public sidewalk outside of a courthouse with a sign endorsing nullification?

Covered under 1A... So long as all rules are adhered to related to protests at that location.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So you are saying that someone who is disqualified from owning firearms because of a felony conviction would either not be charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, or the prosecutors would not have to prove that they are a felon?

If their prior history does not disqualify them from owning a firearm, then I don't think I would find it a reason to change my opinion on their right to carry.

No...
    I am saying that the details of the prior conviction/s are not allowed to be brought out at the trial. They can only be addressed... in mitigation... AFTER the trial has concluded in a conviction. So EVEN with a prior felon in possession of a firearm charge. HOW would any juror know where that felony was a crime of violence... or some state felony charge for a bullsh1t offense? They WON'T know until AFTER they have rendered their verdict.

AND... Finding ANYONE guilty or not guilty of a current charge... based upon the results of a prior trial is contradictory to the very essence of "innocent until proven guilty". And as such is completely wrong for ANY of us to do.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I think that would give the state a list of people to exclude from serving on juries. It's been almost 30 years since I was called for jury duty, not sure how they select now??

I would not be disappointed to be exempt from jury duty for life. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it is my duty to serve, but on the other what a crock of sh.. that MD's courts are letting off legitimate criminals with such lenient consequences.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Jury nullification for any and all charges short of attempted murder. F'em. The powers that be want to shit all over our rights, then I shit all over their laws. Every gun owner needs to have the same mentality and do their best to get on juries as opposed to trying to get out of jury duty.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Jury nullification for any and all charges short of attempted murder. F'em. The powers that be want to shit all over our rights, then I shit all over their laws. Every gun owner needs to have the same mentality and do their best to get on juries as opposed to trying to get out of jury duty.

So... an armed rapist gets a pass?

NO. :tdown:

Cases must be considered on the merits of the case. NOT some arbitrary blanket policy.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Dawg, I respectfully disagree. As much as we, as patriots, believe in the ultimate blindness of the judicial system, I believe we are becoming the only ones. Firearms owners are increasingly being vilified by politicians, media, Hollywood, and others, so we're gonna be on our own.

same. I would contend that they started it with the frequent and unconstitutional infringements of our 2a rights. It is still We the people.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    So... an armed rapist gets a pass?

NO. :tdown:

Cases must be considered on the merits of the case. NOT some arbitrary blanket policy.

on the armed part, sure.

on the rape part, not so much.

happily weapons charges are different charges than other charges.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    on the armed part, sure.

on the rape part, not so much.

happily weapons charges are different charges than other charges.

:sad20:

I refuse to sell my soul to save an armed criminal from a weapons charge. :tdown::mad54:

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Start with any resident of Bloodymore...

Wrong, Redneck. I live there. I wouldn’t sign this, for the reasons mentioned. But I could certainly abide by the idea when I’m called on jury duty again. We get called annually here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ....Once this occurs several times resulting in no convictions to show that we are serious, I believe the state will not waste resources in attempting to enforce carry laws if everyone will just get off using jury nullification. This will panic ...
    What do you guys think?

Cool idea and great thinking; however; “innocent until proven broke” is their end game, “convictions” never have been. Otherwise, an awesome idea! :thumbsup:

May 7, 2014
    Im sure this has been posted elsewhere but i cannot find it. Wouldn’t it be prudent for MdShooters and MSI to come together and use the VCDL templates to pressure our local municipalities to adopt 2A santuaries? Its been proven to work in Virginia. They are building incredible legal hurdles that put the state against county governments and it seems to be delivering a powerful message. Obviously baltimore/PG/Montgomery control Annapolis but we could start a surge like the VCDL did.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Im sure this has been posted elsewhere but i cannot find it. Wouldn’t it be prudent for MdShooters and MSI to come together and use the VCDL templates to pressure our local municipalities to adopt 2A santuaries? Its been proven to work in Virginia. They are building incredible legal hurdles that put the state against county governments and it seems to be delivering a powerful message. Obviously baltimore/PG/Montgomery control Annapolis but we could start a surge like the VCDL did.

There are already three "2A Sanctuary" counties in Maryland, none of them have done a damned thing to protect their respective resident's 2A rights.

As a matter of fact, all of them have had absolutely no issue with sending officers out to confiscate firearms under state red flag laws.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    There are already three "2A Sanctuary" counties in Maryland, none of them have done a damned thing to protect their respective resident's 2A rights.

As a matter of fact, all of them have had absolutely no issue with sending officers out to confiscate firearms under state red flag laws.

“We Must Brainwash People on Guns” (Eric Holder, Former US Attorney General). In our case, the fight must take place not only in just Maryland courts, but New Jersey, California, New York, and the Territories (Virgin Islands., Puerto Rico, and others) that we all must stand together for Shall issue. Virginians are taking the lead to show the country and to their legislative bodies that they are not laying down to anymore gun control laws; however, their fight is not Shall issue rights. Us Marylanders must be willing to take lead to fight for Shall issue carry rights and be the example for others may issue controlled states to follow, thus forcing SCOTUS to take notice of what the people really want and to finally take action. Yes, there are few cases making their way up to SCOTUS and we are close to have the number of judges to rule in our favor for sure. However, we are not there yet and not making a loud enough noise about it. SCOTUS are dragging their feet and going with the current political stance of the Bloomberg way, which why Shall issue cases are at the bottom for selection. Constitution carry in Maryland and any chance to make AG Frosh panic will clearly send that message loudly not only to the people or MGA, but to SCOTUS as well. Furthermore, if Maryland speak loud enough, the three sanctuaries counties will finally support our cause since we are exercising our Jury Nullification rights that leads to a positive brainwashing of the masses on guns..

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    “We Must Brainwash People on Guns” (Eric Holder, Former US Attorney General). In our case, the fight must take place not only in just Maryland courts, but New Jersey, California, New York, and the Territories (Virgin Islands., Puerto Rico, and others) that we all must stand together for Shall issue. Virginians are taking the lead to show the country and to their legislative bodies that they are not laying down to anymore gun control laws; however, their fight is not Shall issue rights.

Given the way things are going, it will be their fight and soon.

Us Marylanders must be willing to take lead to fight for Shall issue carry rights and be the example for others may issue controlled states to follow, thus forcing SCOTUS to take notice of what the people really want and to finally take action. Yes, there are few cases making their way up to SCOTUS and we are close to have the number of judges to rule in our favor for sure. However, we are not there yet and not making a loud enough noise about it. SCOTUS are dragging their feet and going with the current political stance of the Bloomberg way, which why Shall issue cases are at the bottom for selection.

Shall Issue cases are at the bottom because pretty much every state that was shall issue has become may issue. And now, states that were may issue are becoming Constitutional carry. This really doesn't have anything to do with Bloomberg or his way, and if you think so, you might need to readjust your tin foil before you pass out.

Constitution carry in Maryland and any chance to make AG Frosh panic will clearly send that message loudly not only to the people or MGA, but to SCOTUS as well. Furthermore, if Maryland speak loud enough, the three sanctuaries counties will finally support our cause since we are exercising our Jury Nullification rights that leads to a positive brainwashing of the masses on guns..

Start working on the movement, start planning it, make it happen. What are you waiting for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom