Did Someone Say 3 Gun At the AGC on January 12th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'll be at the IDPA this weekend, but also need to pick up the shotgun ammo to start making it out to these. Are mini slugs allowed? The KS7 I'd be brining is unusable even with 2-3/4" slugs.

Not sure I know what a mini slug is. We normally bring a case of slugs because someone always forgets them.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    Not sure I know what a mini slug is. We normally bring a case of slugs because someone always forgets them.

images

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You all stocked up on turquoise and jerky? Just want to make sure I’m coming prepared ;)

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I'll be at the IDPA this weekend, but also need to pick up the shotgun ammo to start making it out to these. Are mini slugs allowed? The KS7 I'd be brining is unusable even with 2-3/4" slugs.

I'd make sure they feed reliably in your gun before the match. I'm pretty sure most semi-autos wont feed them at all........

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I'd make sure they feed reliably in your gun before the match. I'm pretty sure most semi-autos wont feed them at all........

I've run Aguila mini buckshot through it a bit, but I also won't lie and claim to have shot it a lot either. They have fed reliably, the only problem being that one time I (stupidly) slow-stroked the pump the first time I was feed checking the mini shells and it fed two. Seeing as the KS7 feeds and ejects from the bottom with no side ejection port, that meant I had to totally disassemble it to pull the rounds out.

But it seems KelTec learned from the KSG, and the KS7 feeds mini shells without any need for modifications, provided you don't work the pump at a snail's pace.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I've run Aguila mini buckshot through it a bit, but I also won't lie and claim to have shot it a lot either. They have fed reliably, the only problem being that one time I (stupidly) slow-stroked the pump the first time I was feed checking the mini shells and it fed two. Seeing as the KS7 feeds and ejects from the bottom with no side ejection port, that meant I had to totally disassemble it to pull the rounds out.

But it seems KelTec learned from the KSG, and the KS7 feeds mini shells without any need for modifications, provided you don't work the pump at a snail's pace.
    If you’ve ever had a problem at all with it don’t use it in a match until you identify it. Adding a timer to the mix never makes things easier. You’ll find other problems you never even knew to look for...... let alone the ones you did. Good luck with whatever you do!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ugh, I hope this crazy warm Friday and Saturday melts and evaporates all that snow. I took a look there after renewing my range badge today and the snow didn't look like much melting had occurred yet. But I'll play in the mud if if it's still on. Just ordered these for such an occasion and they arrive Saturday! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1JGK8...olid=2489WLYEZYH5G&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

There is a really good chance we will be canceling the match due to the condition of the bays. We may try to reschedule for the following weekend, but that would depend on a few factors. Stay tuned.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    There is a really good chance we will be canceling the match due to the condition of the bays. We may try to reschedule for the following weekend, but that would depend on a few factors. Stay tuned.

I'm sighting in rifles in a couple of hours, will take a look again and take pics...

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Are we allowed to use a PCC instead of a 5.56 rifle given these are unsanctioned matches and the distances under 50 yards? I just don't happen to have an AR-15 sighted in with a red dot yet, and the irons would be tricky for my eyes...

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Event Cancellation

Sorry guys. This really sucks because it will be so nice out tomorrow. Unfortunately, the bays are too soft and it is going to rain tonight. Due to safety concerns, we are going to cancel and TRY to reschedule for next Sunday. Stay tuned because we have some scheduling conflicts.

Either way, get out and sling some lead this weekend. It will be really nice outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom