• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    As always, you are correct. Engine4 did the work himself. Getting a refund on the labor would be pretty much impossible unless he has a time machine.

I thought I read that a shop did the work and you were asking for pics. My apologies then.

If he did the work then no harm. I thought a gunsmith did that, this my reply.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I thought I read that a shop did the work and you were asking for pics. My apologies then.

If he did the work then no harm. I thought a gunsmith did that, this my reply.

Nope, you are right. It was Bobby Bollinger that did that work. The set of pictures I was thinking about was done by somebody else on here that had volunteered to help me with my project. My fault Chad.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Nope, you are right. It was Bobby Bollinger that did that work. The set of pictures I was thinking about was done by somebody else on here that had volunteered to help me with my project. My fault Chad.

No problem. I misread sometimes, but nothing pisses me off like people paying for bad work.

STeveZ has the skill of a pro from those pics he posted. He kept the lines straight and dressed the pad at the rear properly.

Fitting an adjustable pad is much harder though, which seems to be the direction you are looking.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Well, seeing as I've never had this type of work done before, I didn't know it's not up to snuff. What's wrong, is it because the edges don't line up even? Not being flip, just want to know.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well, seeing as I've never had this type of work done before, I didn't know it's not up to snuff. What's wrong, is it because the edges don't line up even? Not being flip, just want to know.

Yes, the edges do not line up and the pad does not appear to have been ground evenly. You will never get your money back from Bollinger, but he might agree to try and fix it for you. I have seen/heard of numerous jobs that he has hacked and will therefore never have any work done there.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Yes, the edges do not line up and the pad does not appear to have been ground evenly. You will never get your money back from Bollinger, but he might agree to try and fix it for you. I have seen/heard of numerous jobs that he has hacked and will therefore never have any work done there.

Good to know, thanks. This is the only thing I've had him do for me.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    lol - you probably did not read the entire thread. I currently have a 391 Teknys 12 gauge with 14.5" LOP, a 391 Teknys 20 gauge with 14.5" LOP, a 391 youth model 20 gauge with 13.5" LOP, and I want to get this 28 gauge A400 Xplor to round out the lineup. Problem is, the 20 gauge youth model has too long of a LOP and too much recoil for my son. Heck, my two adult sisters have a tough time shooting a round of sporting clays with my "adult" 391 20 gauge. Thing is, I also want to be able to use the 28 gauge for upland hunting and doves, and I want all of my kids to be able to use it right now. I think the 20 gauge will still be too much recoil wise for my soon to be 10 year old daughter.

Much thought has gone into this, and I think a 28 gauge with an adjustable stock for LOP and drop at comb will work nicely for all the kids until they start shooting the youth 20 gauge or an adult gun and it would still allow me to use the 28 gauge too. Not only that, but I can get the Graco recoil reducer on it, so it will make it that much nicer for the kids to shoot.

No, I read it. I was suggesting getting 4x of the 28 gauge. :D

And once you cut them to various lengths, you can use the cut off pieces to mix and for additional lengths of pull.

You can get by with 3x, if you don't shoot the 28 gauge, until at least one gets big enough. :D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The recent thread about a 20 gauge for a 7 year old got me back to this subject. Still have not had the LOP adjusted on my Beretta A400 Xplor Action 28 gauge. Contacted Mr. Bowles with Tronspace and he informed me that the Gracoil GC15LP does not fit that stock on my gun. So, I am back to the drawing board. Just sent another e-mail to Mr. Bowles to ask for suggestions/recommendations to address this issue.

Nothing good in life is easy. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom