• semiinc

Oct 19, 2020
    Can you use one to take out a drone?

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Can you use one to take out a drone?

Interfering with an aircraft in flight is a federal offense. Even if it weren't illegal, good luck hitting it. REALLY hard to determine the range and trajectory of a drone. Shotgun maybe but not something flying high and/or fast.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    This is the way, gentlemen....
    At least you won't get crucified for using a "weapon of war" to defend yourself.

Unless you have a high capacity can of assault weenies...

Capture1.jpg

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I used a paintball gun. It spits out 8/9 solid steel paintballs at a time. I prefer Federal paintball with flight control wad.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Interfering with an aircraft in flight is a federal offense. Even if it weren't illegal, good luck hitting it. REALLY hard to determine the range and trajectory of a drone. Shotgun maybe but not something flying high and/or fast.

[YT]PVLQOyUK8t8[/YT]

I vaguely understand that Firefighters are one of the few professions that have an "interfering with" but even someone who just finished eating a spoiled lunch meat sandwich could see this drone wasn't attempting to ram the "engine" or something nefarious against fire fighter activity....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I vaguely understand that Firefighters are one of the few professions that have an "interfering with" but even someone who just finished eating a spoiled lunch meat sandwich could see this drone wasn't attempting to ram the "engine" or something nefarious against fire fighter activity....

It's only really an issue of they're low enough to be a hazard to somebody up on one of the rescue tower trucks, or if they're expecting police, media, or rescue helicopters to enter the scene, or it's a fire requiring air tankers.

When there's no emergency air traffic, and the operator is staying up a couple hundred feet, there's really no case for interference. What the operator can't easily know is if air traffic might be imminently arriving, and the last thing they need is for the emergency pilot to wave off because somebody just has to have that drone video.

KarbinkleRich

Mar 2, 2021
    I think that for home defense I'd reference the movie Home Alone or perhaps the great sequel Home Alone 2. Marbles at the bottom of a flight of stairs works wonders, as well as cans of paint and perhaps sharp tacks in a bucket above your door that falls on the intruder when they attempt to open your door. Well-placed blowtorches as well as hot irons are also good ideas.

It would be worthy to note however that depending on the sadistic nature of the traps it may not be considered home defense in a court of law.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll be nice , since the above is a First Post ( outside of one in Introductions ) .

Slapstick Comedy films are Not a viable source of either Legal Advice, or Self ( or Home) Defense tactics . ( Nor most other movies as a general thing .)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'll be nice , since the above is a First Post ( outside of one in Introductions ) .

Slapstick Comedy films are Not a viable source of either Legal Advice, or Self ( or Home) Defense tactics . ( Nor most other movies as a general thing .)

Wait. Are you saying the Claymore Roomba is not a serious consideration?

mcmilbra

Feb 23, 2021
    I dont think paintball will save your family's life. Yes it might make the attackers scream but still wont stop them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wait. Are you saying the Claymore Roomba is not a serious consideration?

I'm particularly fond of the Ivan Home Defense System

Attachments

• Ivan home defense system.jpg
      Ivan home defense system.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 178

keikosman

Dec 4, 2019
    I'm reviving this to show there is a commercial company (Byrna) that provides air-gun pistols that fires solid and pepper filled 0.68 cal rubber balls. There are likely other companies, but if you search youtube you'll find a couple folks who test it out on each other.

I'm not sure I would want to use a pepper ball in the house, but I can see how it would temporarily disable someone (and those in the immediate vicinity) from aggression.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I'm reviving this to show there is a commercial company (Byrna) that provides air-gun pistols that fires solid and pepper filled 0.68 cal rubber balls. There are likely other companies, but if you search youtube you'll find a couple folks who test it out on each other.

I'm not sure I would want to use a pepper ball in the house, but I can see how it would temporarily disable someone (and those in the immediate vicinity) from aggression.

It could. Or not. To my mind, not worth betting your (and your family's) life on.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    It is Maryland, so I scare the home invaders with my bear keychain.

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_182044887.jpg
      IMG_20210920_182044887.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads