• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    One issue the Liganore area had was they had privately maintained roads. I believe the finally asked the county to take over. I remember when they were selling houses in the Ashley subdivision in Myersville they promised a new car in your garage if you bought.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    We’re starting to zero in on the new market/Linganore area near the lake. My wife likes the idea of having pool & lake access. The schools look great but I wonder why the homes stay on the market longer than the surrounding area.

Lake Linganore as a community is technically private property, where LE was not allowed to conduct any kind of traffic enforcement of any kind. The HOA has a private security force and the guards are utterly ruthless in their enforcement of all traffic issues, including parking. Within the LL community the HOA prices are rather interesting and on top of that the covenants can be a bit extreme. If you look at Boyers Mill Rd, Gass House Pike, and Linganore Rd, you will see why getting in and out of LL can be incredibly dicey in the winter. Beyond that aspect, LL has one road that services it, Boyers Mill Rd. With a community of that size on a single road, traffic can be a nightmare. I'd stay out of LL altogether, if I were you.

Look at Spring Ridge and other communities in the area, if you are willing to put up with a HOA.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    One issue the Liganore area had was they had privately maintained roads. I believe the finally asked the county to take over. I remember when they were selling houses in the Ashley subdivision in Myersville they promised a new car in your garage if you bought.

It appears as if Lake Linganore still owns the roads inside the development.

https://www.lakelinganore.org/pinehurst-roadwork/
    https://www.lakelinganore.org/snow-emergency-plan/
    https://www.lakelinganore.org/new-amenity-patrol-phone-number/
    https://www.lakelinganore.org/permit-placement-matters/

See the lunacy in the blog.
    https://www.lakelinganore.org/blog/

EDIT:
    https://www.lakelinganore.org/finance/

Annual Assessments

Annual Assessment invoices are mailed in January of every year. Annual Assessments are due March 1 and considered late March 31 each year. The BoD allows for monthly payments through ACH only.

Members can log in to the Membership Portal to sign up for monthly payments. Members must pay assessments in full or be on the monthly payment plan to be considered in good standing and allowed full use of the amenities and facilities.

Past Due Accounts

If you have received a past due notice, contact the Finance Manager if you believe this is an error or wish to make payment arrangements. Make payments immediately to avoid collection proceedings with an attorney.
    FAQs
    How do I obtain settlement documents?

You may order documents online at the Resale page of this site.
    How much are my dues?

Dues information for the year ending can be obtained by logging in to your Membership Account.
    How are dues calculated?

Dues are based on the average assessed value of all improved properties in a village. The assessed values are obtained from MD Land Records to determine the average assessed values. The expense side of the budget is prepared, then a rate (cents per $100 of assessed value) will be determined that will generate enough income from the average assessed values to operate the association for the year. That rate is applied to the average assessed values to determine the dues for each village.
    What do my dues cover?

Dues include full use of all amenities, trash, pools, plowing, reserves, road maintenance, administration and operational costs. They do not include water and use of boats on the lake. A full budget can be viewed in the Member Portal.
    What is a Community Improvement Fee and do I have to pay it?

This is a fee imposed on every property when it transfers ownership; it is to be paid in full at settlement by the buyer. The fee is currently $600.00 for buildable vacant lots, $300 for unbuildable vacant lots, and $1000.00 for improved properties. These funds are utilized at the discretion of the BOD for any capital improvement to LLA community.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Man, this information on Linganore area may change some things for me. This process would be easier if we HAD to move, rather than want to move. At least my wife has her mind set on Frederick county.

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    Lake Linganore as a community is technically private property, where LE was not allowed to conduct any kind of traffic enforcement of any kind. The HOA has a private security force and the guards are utterly ruthless in their enforcement of all traffic issues, including parking. Within the LL community the HOA prices are rather interesting and on top of that the covenants can be a bit extreme. If you look at Boyers Mill Rd, Gass House Pike, and Linganore Rd, you will see why getting in and out of LL can be incredibly dicey in the winter. Beyond that aspect, LL has one road that services it, Boyers Mill Rd. With a community of that size on a single road, traffic can be a nightmare. I'd stay out of LL altogether, if I were you.

Look at Spring Ridge and other communities in the area, if you are willing to put up with a HOA.

Checked out the Linganore Lake area yesterday and I can see how traffic could be a nightmare during rush hours. Next onto Middletown and Walkersville.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Man, this information on Linganore area may change some things for me. This process would be easier if we HAD to move, rather than want to move. At least my wife has her mind set on Frederick county.
    Lake Linganore is a stand alone community that has no bearing on other communities around it.

Spring Ridge is a good community, as are the ones across 144 from Spring Ridge. There are at least a few MDS members holding the line on the east side of the city. Not to mention there is a range within 10 minutes. :D

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    We’ve been happy here in spring ridge for the past 21 years. Sure, would prefer no HOA, more space btwn my neighbors and me but it’s close to fdrk, equidistant to BWI and IAD for me, schools are good (though can be crowded) but there a lot of amenities too.

Shopping center at front of neighborhood for essentials, 4 pools, tennis and soccer fields and miles of paved walking paths.

It’s been a great place to raise our kids.

No way I’d move into old school LL. The road situation (private, not built to county spec) alone precludes it. The newer sections right by Oakdale HS all seem to have county roads, so may not be technically LL - will limit access to the LL pools and beaches so that may be a deal breaker.

Good luck with your decision

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Checked out the Linganore Lake area yesterday and I can see how traffic could be a nightmare during rush hours. Next onto Middletown and Walkersville.

If you want to send me neighborhoods in Middletown I can give you a heads up, I'm not much help in walkersville sorry. Besides stay FAR from the discovery neighborhood in walkersville.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I personally would favor Middleton/Myersville over Walkersville, in part because of the schools. In Walkersville, you have to be careful about the tax zone. Some parts, like Waterside, aren't put within the Frederick city zone, so have much lower property taxes. (If you look at Waterside, try to restrict to single family.) Other parts of Walkersville (like Deerbought, if I remember correctly), have city property taxes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kgain673

Dec 18, 2007
    I personally would favor Middleton/Myersville over Walkersville, in part because of the schools. In Walkersville, you have to be careful about the tax zone. Some parts, like Waterside, aren't put within the Frederick city zone, so have much lower property taxes. (If you look at Waterside, try to restrict to single family.) Other parts Walkersville (like Deerbought, if I remember correctly), have city property taxes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Really not so much new construction in Myersville but once in a while a cul de sac would be built and a few homes offered by a developer. In Middletown off Green street, next to the schools, is a development now selling. If you go up Coblentz off of Alt 40 there are a few homes for sale also. There are some developments in Jefferson off of 340.

Attachments

• F2C58551-5FA9-4513-9DD8-376A0CE7FCEE.jpg
      F2C58551-5FA9-4513-9DD8-376A0CE7FCEE.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 222

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

That’s been resolved for a while now. The developer that went bust many years back never finished many of the roads so they couldn’t be turned over to the country. Spot builders continued to build anyway, often just extending a gravel road to the site they were building on. Newer communities in Linganore (it’s huge, multiple villages, 3,500+ homes) with active developers had regular roads.

A number of years ago, the areas with unfinished roads got together and through CDAs (Community Development Authority “grants”) contracted with American Infrastructure to finish all the roads and storm water management associated with them. It was a huge project considering all the homes that were already here but they did a great job. What this means is that some homes you buy in the community, and this will be spelled out, will have an additional tax which is being used to pay back the CDA those villages used.

We’ve lived here in Linganore over 25 years now and still like it, interesting terrain, many styles of homes and multiple private lakes, the largest 200 acres, with two beaches.

https://www.lakelinganore.org

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That’s been resolved for a while now. The developer that went bust many years back never finished many of the roads so they couldn’t be turned over to the country. Spot builders continued to build anyway, often just extending a gravel road to the site they were building on. Newer communities in Linganore (it’s huge, multiple villages, 3,500+ homes) with active developers had regular roads.

A number of years ago, the areas with unfinished roads got together and through CDAs (Community Development Authority “grants”) contracted with American Infrastructure to finish all the roads and storm water management associated with them. It was a huge project considering all the homes that were already here but they did a great job. What this means is that some homes you buy in the community, and this will be spelled out, will have an additional tax which is being used to pay back the CDA those villages used.

We’ve lived here in Linganore over 25 years now and still like it, interesting terrain, many styles of homes and multiple private lakes, the largest 200 acres, with two beaches.

https://www.lakelinganore.org

Next time you decide to hit Avery's or the La La, send me a PM. :D

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Newer communities in Linganore (it’s huge, multiple villages, 3,500+ homes) with active developers had regular roads.

You can have that! I remember when Frederick was a nice town 30 years ago. Now its turned in to Dc light. Some people up hear can hardly remember that Frederick used to be smaller than Hagerstown.

I mean, where do you shoot a gun or hunt around there? :shrug:

Even this forum lists Western Maryland as "Allegany County, Garrett County, Washington County" and Frederick as part of the Capital region. Probably a bit of truth to that now. ;)

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    You can have that! I remember when Frederick was a nice town 30 years ago. Now its turned in to Dc light. Some people up hear can hardly remember that Frederick used to be smaller than Hagerstown.

I mean, where do you shoot a gun or hunt around there? :shrug:

Even this forum lists Western Maryland as "Allegany County, Garrett County, Washington County" and Frederick as part of the Capital region. Probably a bit of truth to that now. ;)

I’m not a hunter so for me that's not a problem but there’s The Machine Gun Nest very close as well as Cresap and the Monocacy Pistol Club outdoor ranges literally within earshot.

Regarding the neighborhood, we were looking for either a good deal on real nice land with an OK house, or a good deal on a really nice house with OK land. At the time, we couldn’t afford both really nice land with really nice house. This house was in an unusual situation and we got a really good deal on it, so, that’s how it worked out....been here since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom