• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    So I'm about a stone's throw from Scott's Gunsmithing, off of Quarterfield rd, and the only range that I know of that's close to me is a certain range-who-must-not-be-named on Holsum way. I personally haven't had any negative experiences there like some others have, but I was still wondering if there were any other ranges within a reasonable distance to try out, possibly one that is slightly better lit than You-Know-Who. I really haven't explored much beyond my bubble yet, as far as shooting ranges go, so if anybody could point me to a list or some places in the area I can plug into google-maps that'd be great, thanks.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like they have a substantially better selection of rentals too, thanks.

How busy is it there usually? I have to say, one thing I really like about Select Fire is that it's usually pretty close to empty. Haha

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Well, OT is much busier all of the time. When I go, I get there early in the day, even during the week.
    If you were to join the membership, you could reserve a lane 30 minutes in advance.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I actually just got back from Select Fire- I took my mom and rented a .22 revolver and taught her to shoot for the first time! That's one former anti now 100% "converted" ;)

I'm definitely down for checking out On Target even if it's just for the huge selection of rentals... I still have a year and a half until I can buy my own handgun, so I have plenty of time to try out as many as I can/want. Only question is, how long can the wait be without a membership? I'm not quite sure I shoot often enough to justify getting one just yet.

Freestate seems like quite a ways up, but I'll definitely check it out at least once.

Are all of these ranges indoor, handgun-caliber only ranges? I also have a 12ga I'd like to take out and shoot, I just don't know where. I suppose that would be where joining the AGC would be helpful?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Oh man. Slapped in the face by a post in one of my own threads! I need to pay more attention... :lol2:

Thank you for the list (even if you had to give it to me twice...). Very helpful. :)

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    i go regularly to ontarget, im a member but the waiting time is not more than 15 minutes, i never call ahead of time, they have a good wide variation of handguns for rent, the ammo isnt that expensive and the prices on new guns arent bad, i bought already 3 guns there this year and the last one was my ar15 windham weaponry for less than $900 out the door also a american classic for $540.00 which i think its ok isnt the cheapest but isnt crazy if you think on ffl transfer plus gun lock etc is about same price as other dealers, just my opinion... the guys behind the desk are nice people too.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I actually just got back from Select Fire- I took my mom and rented a .22 revolver and taught her to shoot for the first time! That's one former anti now 100% "converted" ;)

Congrats... one more is always one more.

I'm definitely down for checking out On Target even if it's just for the huge selection of rentals... I still have a year and a half until I can buy my own handgun, so I have plenty of time to try out as many as I can/want. Only question is, how long can the wait be without a membership? I'm not quite sure I shoot often enough to justify getting one just yet.

Just a puppy, huh??!!:D I think the wait thing has been mentioned, and when I was a member (had to let it lapse for a while), I never bothered to call ahead, and still never had more than 20 min to wait (and that was on Sunday mornings).

Are all of these ranges indoor, handgun-caliber only ranges? I also have a 12ga I'd like to take out and shoot, I just don't know where. I suppose that would be where joining the AGC would be helpful?

OT is Handgun-caliber only, yes... but rifles in those calibers are cool. In fact, I want to try to get there this week with my new .38/.357 lever.

As for shotgun, AGC/Marriottsville has Sunday public trap, and there is always Loch Raven or PGCounty for clays.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    OT is Handgun-caliber only, yes... but rifles in those calibers are cool. In fact, I want to try to get there this week with my new .38/.357 lever.

As for shotgun, AGC/Marriottsville has Sunday public trap, and there is always Loch Raven or PGCounty for clays.

I shot my dad's Henry Lever Action in 45lc. That was beyond fun.

I'll mark those two down on my list too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom