• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I used to use this guy for special jobs some years back. He specializes in microscopy builds, modifications and accessories but he might be worth just talking to for something simple like that.

Edit: just noticed he has pics of two of my projects we had worked on, the EFIC system and the sound chamber.

http://microscopeworkshop.com/

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Protolabs, Xometry

Price is probably not much different than walking into a random local job shop.

I'd guess $200 with loose GD&T, rough-ish finishes, and not expedited.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    UMBC c/o 2013 here

Hank Mink was a friendly guy

FWIW.....When I was there it was only John and myself. Mink was hired after I left. I wasn't friendly. :lol2:

I'm just guessing you were involved with the Mechanical Engineering Departments ASME student Mini-Baja race car program!!
    Yes/No ?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    FWIW.....When I was there it was only John and myself. Mink was hired after I left. I wasn't friendly. :lol2:

I'm just guessing you were involved with the Mechanical Engineering Departments ASME student Mini-Baja race car program!!
    Yes/No ?

No I did not do baja

Living at home working and commuting leaves no time for the "fun" parts of college

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I know a good machinist in Severna Park that could do the work if he's still doing it. Let me know and I'll dig up his contact info. Probably haven't talked to him in 10 years. Used to do a lot of subsea stuff for me.

There are others on here also but I'm sure they'll chime in if they want the work.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Send a PM to Irish64 and myself telling me that you send him a PM. Once I get it, I'll give him a call and ask him to log in to see if he would be willing to do the work for you, since he doesn't pop on MDS all that often.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Send a PM to Irish64 and myself telling me that you send him a PM. Once I get it, I'll give him a call and ask him to log in to see if he would be willing to do the work for you, since he doesn't pop on MDS all that often.

I have a guy who MIGHT redo the babbitt. Waiting to here. If not I will follow up and thanks for the offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom