• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I come in off of Timonium Rd and park on the back lot.

I also tend to show up around 11 on Saturday, so it's easy entry, and pretty free flowing in the aisles.

That works perfectly for me. Thanks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A waste of time. I only live 4 miles away and will not go back. It's PA. shows for me from now on.

Funny you should mention that. I was on another forum and the guys from PA were trashing the last Oaks show. They were upset with the prices, the selection and the jerky/socks vendors. Some said they were never going back.

I guess it's all up to your perspective.

I'd kill to have an Oaks quality show and they're tired of it and some said they wouldn't be back.

We're talking 2000 tables with maybe 50 not set up on Friday, add another 100-120 for non-firearm related vendors. I'll take the Oaks show any day!

Funny you should mention that. I was on another forum and the guys from PA were trashing the last Oaks show. They were upset with the prices, the selection and the jerky/socks vendors. Some said they were never going back.

I guess it's all up to your perspective.

I'd kill to have an Oaks quality show and they're tired of it and some said they wouldn't be back.

We're talking 2000 tables with maybe 50 not set up on Friday, add another 100-120 for non-firearm related vendors. I'll take the Oaks show any day!

I'm a 45yo from Harrisburg PA. To me, a gun show was the early 1990's Harrisburg shows at The Farm Show Complex. 1200-1500 tables of GUN stuff and crate after crate of sub $100 surplus rifles. This took place 2x annually.
    Gun shows in general don't do it for me anymore. Now the museum for sale in Timonium each spring- that is still jaw dropping to me. Out of my price range, but jaw dropping nonetheless.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm a 45yo from Harrisburg PA. To me, a gun show was the early 1990's Harrisburg shows at The Farm Show Complex. 1200-1500 tables of GUN stuff and crate after crate of sub $100 surplus rifles. This took place 2x annually.
    Gun shows in general don't do it for me anymore. Now the museum for sale in Timonium each spring- that is still jaw dropping to me. Out of my price range, but jaw dropping nonetheless.

Lou had crates of Czechoslovakian 98/22 Mausers for $69.00 at one Timonium show. All matching rifles. Including the bolts.

Those were the days twenty five years ago. Every show was like a cosmoline covered Christmas.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    When Preston ran the Baltimore area shows, those were the best of times. After Preston sold the business, it's gone downhill since. Like I've said before, I could find better deals at the Parkville Gun Show back then in comparison to the Timonium Guns Shows of today. But I guess we can't go back in time, so we are to play the hand we are dealt. I'll go tomorrow, talk to a lot more people than I will look for deals. Walk out a few dollars poorer and drive home to put steaks on the grill.

It's all good, I just yearn for the good old days!

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Gun shows used to be a place to find deals. Sadly those are few and far between these days. Most of those who did the gun show circuit didn't have storefronts and so the savings from lack of overhead was passed on to the consumer. I've gone to shows recently where guns were at MSRP or higher, which is their perogative but I can't see them moving anything.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In breaks fron the MSI booth :

Didn't find the revolver I need on purpose.

Did get great prices on a cpl of holsters,, good price on 1911 bling grips, and some seriously undervalued collectable S&W grips .

And a good price for a Dumais Special .

Saw a whole buncha american sporting C&R, but I wasn't in the market.

Blue Fins has some fine three screw Super Blackhawks, at decent prices, and another dlr who's name escapes me had a nice condition Security Six at good price.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    This one was weak. Not that many tables, and prices were awful. I had more fun in Harrisburg a few weeks ago, even though it was a longer drive.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Gun shows used to be a place to find deals. Sadly those are few and far between these days. Most of those who did the gun show circuit didn't have storefronts and so the savings from lack of overhead was passed on to the consumer. I've gone to shows recently where guns were at MSRP or higher, which is their perogative but I can't see them moving anything.

Yeah those seem to be "the good ole days." Now it's dealers who just move their shops to the fairgrounds for the weekend.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    only found a pair of boots and targets . Took longer to drive there then we spent walking around

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Trying to decide if this is worth a trip...especially when I am not looking for anything specific

I'm having some trouble with the knee hurting after the dog ran into it on Friday night and like you, I'm not going to look for anything in particular. Therefore, I'm out.

I wonder why Lee and Mopar haven't given their usual report on the show. I was hoping to hear from them.

blackcrow

Jun 18, 2012
    I was there at about 9:05,had 2 extra dollar off coupons for friends that could not make it. I gave one to a guy heading in and waited for a person wearing clothing of being a veteran and using a walker heading to bldg. A voice with a attitude and challenging tone told me not to be handing out coupons. I told him that I had a couple for friends who did not make it as I handed one to the old veteran. He asked for my last one and I said no that was mine. He said then go inside and I headed for door and said I would check out his lousy show or something along those lines. He said don't bother going then I could just leave which I did. I then returned and asked for his name which he refused and said he would call police if I did not leave. Sorry for being so winded but I will not be attending any shows these people are involved with.

blackcrow

Jun 18, 2012
    I would say average height dark hair and unshaven look about 5'10" maybe, he seemed to be in charge of show. had dark clothing on.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was there at about 9:05,had 2 extra dollar off coupons for friends that could not make it. I gave one to a guy heading in and waited for a person wearing clothing of being a veteran and using a walker heading to bldg. A voice with a attitude and challenging tone told me not to be handing out coupons. I told him that I had a couple for friends who did not make it as I handed one to the old veteran. He asked for my last one and I said no that was mine. He said then go inside and I headed for door and said I would check out his lousy show or something along those lines. He said don't bother going then I could just leave which I did. I then returned and asked for his name which he refused and said he would call police if I did not leave. Sorry for being so winded but I will not be attending any shows these people are involved with.

Holy crap seriously? He was way out of line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom