• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Republicans Target D.C. Gun Laws in Wake of Shooting

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/81210-2

There's a new bill being pushed by the GOP that would allow visitors to conceal carry on their home-state permit or get a non-resident D.C conceal carry permit, apparently there is a rider to this bill that would also prevent DC from enforcing its gun control laws (e.g. magazine capacity, discharge of firearm). They might as well attach HR 38 with this bill too.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/15/rep-thomas-massie-introducing-bill-recognize-outsi/

This is a step in the right direction. Right in the heart of liberal country.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    They are going to waste the political capital and push this. We. I'll through that only protects them. They will then be able to have something to point to and say look what we did and check the gun lobby off the list. All while protecting themselves and leaving us out to dry.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    They need to protect anyone at a baseball game, not just baseball games near DC, or baseball games involving Congressmen. :sad20:

The next shooter might not be politically motivated.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    They need to protect anyone at a baseball game, not just baseball games near DC, or baseball games involving Congressmen. :sad20:

The next shooter might not be politically motivated.

No.

They need to recognize, and accept the fact, that people have a natural right to protect themselves anywhere, not just at baseball games. What good does it do to have all of the gun bans, security and metal detectors in the world at Washington DC, the capitol complex, congressional/government buildings, sports complexes, venues, etc. when the disarmed people that have to attend those places are sitting ducks when they leave the security mechanisms?

When will we ever get to the point where we understand that criminals are the problem, not guns?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    especially in light of recent events. What better monument to those injured than to give every American the right to carry in defense of self and family?

It could be renamed The Right to Carry to Defend Yourself Republican Baseball Team Self Defense Act

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    especially in light of recent events. What better monument to those injured than to give every American the right to carry in defense of self and family?

It could be renamed The Right to Carry to Defend Yourself Republican Baseball Team Self Defense Act

I would like to nominate you to run for the Senate, well at least to be on the show "The Apprentice" ... You don't have any ties to Russia do you? remember that includes ever drinking vodka.

apologies for my sarcasm but I save money reading the legislative type threads as opposed to "The Depot" section. :)

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I don't believe this matters at all, if the bill gets to a vote then all 52 GOP will vote for it.

Which means nothing if the GOP is unwilling to kill the filibuster or to attach it to something else. The Democrats have complete control over their caucus now. There's zero chance 8 Democrats vote for it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am stating for the record I have never taken a drink of Vodka in my life and have no intention of ever doing so, but as William T. Sherman so eloquently stated,

"If nominated I will not run and if elected I will not serve"

I have far too much self respect to become a politician

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Which means nothing if the GOP is unwilling to kill the filibuster or to attach it to something else. The Democrats have complete control over their caucus now. There's zero chance 8 Democrats vote for it.

Correct. This is where we need answers. Are they working on either killing the filibuster or working on a larger bill that includes reciprocity but also CAN get 60 votes to pass?
    All of these news articles that say the bill is "working it's way through congress" and getting co-sponsors are pure smoke. It means nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom