• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Most components are Mega Arms: Lower, upper, barrel, hand guard... I know bcg's aren't critical to accuracy, but I want a good one. Will the BCM BCG with fitted HPT/MPI Bolt be a good choice? Anything else I should think about?

Edit Title: ...Recce/SPR...

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    For a SPR a good quality BCG is all that is needed. Now if you're competing F Class/etc you would want a bolt that is matched to the chamber...

I just had a gas key come loose on a Wilson Combat BCG; a little annoying considering the premium they charge for their goods with the expectation that the finished product has a greater attention to detail.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For a SPR a good quality BCG is all that is needed. Now if you're competing F Class/etc you would want a bolt that is matched to the chamber...

I just had a gas key come loose on a Wilson Combat BCG; a little annoying considering the premium they charge for their goods with the expectation that the finished product has a greater attention to detail.

You'd be shocked to find out how many gas keys on reputable BCGs fail testing.

OP, just try and avoid NiB BCGs and make sure the bolt is HPT/MPI and that the bolt cylinder and gas key orifice are both chrome lined. Have head space checked as well.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Found one made by Rubber City. Seems like a good one.

Their Adjustable Gas Keys leave much to be desired. I believe they use 9310 for the Bolt instead of c158.

Nitride can make the bolt more succeptible to breakage and the treatment is inferior to a chrome lined/phosphate coated Carrier.

GAL700

Jun 8, 2016
    AA County
    Most components are Mega Arms: Lower, upper, barrel, hand guard... I know bcg's aren't critical to accuracy, but I want a good one. Will the BCM BCG with fitted HPT/MPI Bolt be a good choice? Anything else I should think about?

Edit Title: ...Recce/SPR...

Will be using the same BCM bcg in my first AR build :party29:, starting on the upper at this point. Far from being Clandestine on here just going on reviews and BCM has great customer service. For me the bcg in an AR is like the motor for your car. Everything else like suspension, tires, exhaust and hp brakes are not worth a damn if you have a shitty motor that doesn't consistently run. Rifle accuracy isn't going to matter if you can't get the bullet down the barrel. Good luck on your build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom