• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    There was a letter circulating around here from MSP that stated it had to be stamped/marked HBAR or marketed as such by the manufacturer and that there were no dimensions/specifications as to what constitutes an HBAR. You'll have people come along and call bs on it. Me, I'm going go by what MSP says regarding it until I can move out of this hole anti gun state.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    It seems the selection of heavy profiles is pretty low, Ranier Arms doesnt even list it. Nice way to achieve a more complete ban I suppose.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It seems the selection of heavy profiles is pretty low, Ranier Arms doesnt even list it. Nice way to achieve a more complete ban I suppose.

I wouldn't say that the selection is low. Just off the top of my head, I know that Windham, Del-Ton, Colt, and Ruger have offerings. Plus, it is easy to buy heavy barrels and build your own.

Don't get me wrong, it is a stupid rule. I'm just saying that any decent firearms dealer in Maryland should be offering heavy barrel choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I wouldn't say that the selection is low. Just off the top of my head, I know that Windham, Del-Ton, Colt, and Ruger have offerings. Plus, it is easy to buy heavy barrels and build your own.

Don't get me wrong, it is a stupid rule. I'm just saying that any decent firearms dealer in Maryland should be offering heavy barrel choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do all the Windham and DelTon barrels have a front sight on them??

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    There was a letter circulating around here from MSP that stated it had to be stamped/marked HBAR or marketed as such by the manufacturer and that there were no dimensions/specifications as to what constitutes an HBAR. You'll have people come along and call bs on it. Me, I'm going go by what MSP says regarding it until I can move out of this hole anti gun state.
    I believe this statement to be 100% correct.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

It is certainly narrower than "any barrel". However with 16" barrels there are probably at least 20 odd options out there if not more. For 20" the options are much more limited, but I've run across at least 8 or 9 and I am sure there are more.

For manufacturers of full HBAR AR-15 there have gotta be at least a dozen manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom