• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    We are planning to list our house in the next 2 months near the Fairgrounds in Leonardtown, off Fairgrounds Rd.

5 BR, 2.5 bath, ~6 acres and a pool. Probably list at $449k. About 5 acres is heavily wooded and really hilly with a creek. At the back of the property is the rock quarry which is something like 100 acres of woods.

The immediate neighbors don't shoot but I hear shooting from 3 directions in the summer. The closest neighbor is 175 yards from where I shoot and no issues in the last 4 years.

Send me a PM if this sounds interesting to you. We do have a real estate agent to handle our side.

Last edited:

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    We are planning to list our house in the next 2 months near the Fairgrounds in Leonardtown, off Fairgrounds Rd.

5 BR, 2.5 bath, ~6 acres and a pool. Probably list at $450k. About 5 acres is heavily wooded and really hilly with a creek. At the back of the property is the rock quarry which is something like 100 acres of woods.

The immediate neighbors don't shoot but I hear shooting from 3 directions in the summer. The closest neighbor is 175 yards from where I shoot and no issues in the last 4 years.

Send me a PM if this sounds interesting to you. We do have a real estate agent to handle our side.

So tempting. Are you that house on Chesapeake Ln?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Man wish I had the extra capital that area is really attractive for me to have a 2nd home.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That's a great spot. Secluded but not far from the town on one hand and the retail corridor on the other. It's amazing what less than 500k buys you in southern Maryland.

What ES/MS/HS is it zoned for ?

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    All Leonardtown ES, MS, and HS.

It has been great living here, like you said, secluded and close to Giant/Target/HT.

I have gone shooting 15 days in a row!

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Misspoke, going to list around $449k.

If you are equipped with a "can" you can shoot at night as well. Especially with a 22 as the noise signature is so low. Lots of good training practicing different ways to use a flashlight and shoot a pistol or a weapon mounted light. Its a lot harder than it looks!

Last edited:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Man, I wish the timing was better for me. That sounds like exactly what I would be looking for.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm gritting my teeth here...I don't have any use for a 4 or 5 bedroom house, but like the idea of having land I can shoot on. I'd dearly love to have a 50-meter range.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    All Leonardtown ES, MS, and HS.

That is very good !

For anyone who doesn't know St Marys county, there are a couple of schools you dont want to be zoned for. Those three are not part of that list. It's a mile and a half to middle and high school, you can even send your kids by bike. Even if you send your kids to Ryken (the catholic HS), they can pretty much walk to school.

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Good luck with your sale....beautiful area. Loved that part of Leonardtown. Used to get to Fairgrounds road a lot delivering To Flahertys Small Engine shop. He got parts pretty regular. You can get out on one end to St. Andrews Church Road, the other to Rt. 5. In the middle no one knows your even their.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Realtor is coming Monday for photos and hopefully get the listing up shortly thereafter.

Some details about the backyard: The pool is fenced off with the split rail fence and chicken wire. On the right there is another yard connected directly to the house also with the same fencing. So its nice that the dogs have that yard to go crazy in and the basement to stay cool in the summer.

We just bought that gazebo thing and its nice. I run an extension cord and fan in there to keep cool.

On the left you can just barely see my 33ft travel trailer. There is room for it and full use of the garage. My long term plan was to build up the area there for more space but it works as-is.

Behind those trees its 500 yards to the open fields of the rock quarry (all wooded), then opens to the cleared land. To my property line is about 155 yards from the fence and about 80 ft drop from where the house is. There is a nice valley back there with a creek.

Last edited:

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Very nice property!

You've probably heard me shooting before ha. My wife's Grandfather owned and worked the farm on the corner of Fairgrounds and St Andrew's till he passed away at 98 yrs old about 5 years ago. Hardest man I've ever met...

Now her father just farms it, but we do some shooting there at least 2 or 3 times a year. I need to go there more often. That farm was owned by the distributor that I 'think' first started distributing 10 oz beers back in the day.

ETA: I was wrong about the 10 oz part, but cant wait to Metal detect around the barns. Maybe ppl dropped silver while picking up beer. Sorry, no hijack meant...

"At bars, Budweiser wasn’t as popular as the Baltimore beers because it cost 5 cents more per can. Foley Drury was the Budweiser distributor in St. Mary’s before the Guy family, but didn’t move much product — about 10 cases a week. Drury stored the beer in his barns, which are still standing, at the intersection of Fairgrounds Road and Route 4."

Good luck with your sale. Beautiful house and area to be sure!

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Very nice property!

You've probably heard me shooting before ha. My wife's Grandfather owned and worked the farm on the corner of Fairgrounds and St Andrew's till he passed away at 98 yrs old about 5 years ago. Hardest man I've ever met...

Now her father just farms it, but we do some shooting there at least 2 or 3 times a year. I need to go there more often. That farm was owned by the distributor that I 'think' first started distributing 10 oz beers back in the day.

ETA: I was wrong about the 10 oz part, but cant wait to Metal detect around the barns. Maybe ppl dropped silver while picking up beer. Sorry, no hijack meant...

"At bars, Budweiser wasn’t as popular as the Baltimore beers because it cost 5 cents more per can. Foley Drury was the Budweiser distributor in St. Mary’s before the Guy family, but didn’t move much product — about 10 cases a week. Drury stored the beer in his barns, which are still standing, at the intersection of Fairgrounds Road and Route 4."

Good luck with your sale. Beautiful house and area to be sure!

Lets threadjack this mutha! I love hearing about history of the local area. Have any old pictures you care to share? My wife is friends with Sam Drurys wife (and my son and their son go to school), are you related?

If you are in the area, drop me a line. We see the combine all the time and I would love for my son to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom