• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From thread a cpl month ago about my friend's , #1 shooting & handloading partner , passing.

Fast foreward to now , and I am in NC after the services yesterday in Fla , and looking to purchase some of his items .

I am stumped regarding a potential price on one . And from the outset I know that high end gunsmithing has a return like building a street rod . In hindsight I should have remembered more details from when he was putting this together . All work not done by him was done by gunsmith/ benchrest shooter with regional rep for accuracy smithing , and Jess was pleased with his other work.

M700 action
    Long SS bbl ( want to say Shielen , but don't see bbl maker's marking w/o pulling from stock.) .260 Rem
    Some sort of detachable magazine.
    Aftermarket bolt knob
    Aftermarket trigger ( nice pull )
    Choat bench-ish stock, bi-pod
    Redfield 4-12

Jess had to spend a while on load developement , but finally found load at least as accurate as he could hold. ( Yes, he could shoot ).

Help me with some sort of number , I am literally clueless .

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Is there a consideration to where the money is going? i.e. to the widow and she is financially struggling vs a nameless lawyer

Since Jess found a round that produces acceptable results, I'd wager at least $1,500. If the money is going to a struggling widow, the price could easily climb to $2,500 or greater as an easy way to help her get through this without damaging her pride.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In the long run widow's situation basically similar to ours . Until getting everything whipped out between former employer and investment guy , current cash flow is always a good thing .

I've brought a decent chunk with me , and have initial few selected , but one I thought I had in mind didn't work out , and another waa spoken for by one of sons specifically. ( Sons & BIL only limited gun guys, and only have intrest in a cpl specific ones.)

I'm getting frustrated in a good way, that his tastes were too good.

I'll throw out some niche items someone may be interested :

Jericho 941 , cased set with both 9mm & .41AE .

Colt stainless Delta Elitem

New Model Blackhawk .41mag 4 5/8in blued . Jess shrugged it off , but the rest of family considers it cursed . ( I won't post the curse publicly, but an interested buyer can PM me .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom