• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troy1

May 27, 2016
    Been looking into getting my first AR for the past month or so and finally picked one up. It's a Core15 Scout 5.56/223. Took it to the range for the first time today and had a blast. Only one failure to feed out of about 100 rounds or so, and I'm blaming that on the mag. I need to run down to VA soon to pick up some pmags.

I'm really loving it so far and from what I've read from you all I'll never want just one, and now I understand why.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      91.8 KB · Views: 341

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Congrats! Watch some SOTAR (School of the American Rifle) videos on YouTube to see how to properly maintain.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Been looking into getting my first AR for the past month or so and finally picked one up. It's a Core15 Scout 5.56/223. Took it to the range for the first time today and had a blast. Only one failure to feed out of about 100 rounds or so, and I'm blaming that on the mag. I need to run down to VA soon to pick up some pmags.

I'm really loving it so far and from what I've read from you all I'll never want just one, and now I understand why.

Wait till you want to build one.... :evilgrin3:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Just a suggestion, try moving the rear sight back a bit. Try this, see how you like it. Increased sight radius is always a plus.

fb501125df46387fb0bc4ac22eba597b.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

Congrats on your first AR!!:party29: There are a lot of good reviews on multiple forums, https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121212 and youtube of the model you picked. Seems like an excellent first AR at a nice budget price under 700 bucks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here's mine! (it's ah, been "improved"):D

Attachments

• 2ldktb5.jpg
      2ldktb5.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 198

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics