• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Nope, the "blow-off/shoot-through" rain cover is gone allready...

For you're request Lou:

S&W M&P 15 16" Gov't Profile, no FTF/FTE, Lubed with CLP and I shoot Federal XM193 and LC M855. I spend $ on stuff I know works :D

Colt 6731 "Block" with a WOA "exhaust" Again, M855 stuff with CLP, NO FTF/FTE and hits what I'm aiming at anytime.

+1 to 3rdRcn, I know back in SOI they taught us to NOT "Rock, Smash" for this particular remedial action..... god I feel old

(Little OT --) I work as Security on AAFB and was talking with some of the airmen here.... Long story short, it came down to when I was in Fallujah, they were in middle school.... talk about feeling old...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I can't speak for him but I believe that most folks who use synthetic motor oil are running 0w30. Some even cut it with CLP or another gun oil.

This is correct. The gun oil (CLP in my case) is added to give some corrosion protection. Motor Oil has virtually no corrosion properties and introducing some CLP to it adds that feature without any chemical compatibility issues.

0W30 is the start but I prefer thicker lubes at operating temp so I use 0W40, 10w40, 0W50 or 10w50 when I can.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I know this is at a much later date, but, this happened to my buddy today, and the HOT weather seems to cause this to happen MORE often. And it was HOT today!! Just a little more info....condom....well.....no comment on that part....:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom