• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Where's everyone get good bulk ammo ??

Various places. My last 9mm order, 1k rounds, was from PSA (ordered a few days ago, not received yet) via their Daily and Weekly deals. I've also used Academy Sports, Georgia Arms, Cabelas, Gander and Bass Pro. Last fall I bought Am Eagle AR 5.56 55 gr for 6.98/box of 20. With tax added, that's still around wholesale and I got to use up gift cards I had accumulated for BP. You can find deals using ammoseek, gun.deals or any sporting goods stores that you might subscribe to.\
    \
    Should'a waited on the PSA deal....there's an even better deal just advertised on Am Eagle 9mm ball for $180 shipped....and a 25% rebate!!! See gun.deals

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Like the recent deals on ARs, ammo....especially milspec type....is as low as it's likely to be anytime soon. That said, I thought 200 shipped with a $50 rebate was a great deal on Am Eagle 115gr ball until I saw the Brownells deal. Target sports also has a great deal on Am EAgle 223 and 5.56. That's a better deal than I got last fall from BassPro. However, at the time 6.98 + tax / 20 rnd box was a pretty good deal at the time.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I always get mine from Freedom Munitions. They're great as long as you're not in a hurry.
    Of course if you stock ammo properly you'll never have to get it that quickly, you can take from your stockpile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I always get mine from Freedom Munitions. They're great as long as you're not in a hurry.
    Of course if you stock ammo properly you'll never have to get it that quickly, you can take from your stockpile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean to say some people ont stockpile. :)

I typically use TargetSportsUsa as their pricing is generally good (especially when you factor in other vendor shipping charges), they have free shipping on cases, and they ship fast.

I also like Palmetto State Armory. They are constantly having deals on ammo often with free shipping. The only downside from my experience is slow shipping times. I expect to wait 2-3 weeks after ordering.

I tried SG Ammo for the first time this week. I ordered on Tuesday and received my order on Friday. Even though they did not have free shipping the total cost of my order was over 20 bucks cheaper than TargetSportsUsa. Its only a sample size of one order but I would consider ordering from them again.

As mentioned above sites like gun.deals, ammoseek and wikiarms are excellent resources for pricing.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    I really like Freedom Munitions as well. I've only shot the new ammo and after well over 1000 rounds only had one 5.56 primer fail. It wasn't even that it failed to ignite, the round fired just fine, but somehow the primer came out of the brass and lodged in the lug, thereby preventing the next round from getting into battery. Like Alan said, with free shipping it's hard to beat.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Scored some PMC XM855 5.56 from Bulkammo.com this week for 35¢/round shipped. Couldn't find a better price on brass cased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom