• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Getting some good feedback from this gentleman:

Thanks for your email, I absolutely agree with you and want you to know that I have stood firm on the second amendment every year that I have served as a State Delegate. I support the individual's right to keep AND bear, and I have worked for years with groups like MD Shall Issue to bring Maryland back in line with the Constitution. I have recently sent a letter to the Office of the Attorney general asking him how the recent Supreme Court ruling would affect MD State law regarding concealed carry. You can view the letter at www.delegatedwyer.com

Again, thanks for taking the time to write me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    link to his letter to Attorney General Gansler: http://delegatedwyer.com/second-letter-to-md-attorney-general-regarding-second-amendment

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Delegate Dwyer is one of our very best friends in the GA if I recall correctly.

Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    @Joppaj - Would it be appropriate to apply individiual pressure to the states attorney general, or continue to pressure the delegates and senators? Frosh cannot override the AG can he?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    @Joppaj - Would it be appropriate to apply individiual pressure to the states attorney general, or continue to pressure the delegates and senators? Frosh cannot override the AG can he?

I see no harm in writing to the AG. My usual tactic has been to write to everyone once with a basic letter stating my opinion. If I get replies in line with my beliefs, I send a quick note of thanks. If I get a response that they won't support our side (which is rare), I report it on the board and then proceed from there. Nine times out of ten if someone won't support us, they won't respnd to correspondence in my experience.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just got an email from Team Ehrlich:

Thank you for contacting the Ehrlich campaign through our website. We have received such a high volume of emails that apologize if we have not responded to yours. Please contact us at teamehrlich@bobehrlich.com if we have not yet contacted you. Again thank you for your support.

Together we will get Maryland working again.

Team Ehrlich

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I received positive feedback, via emails, from both Delegates Dwyer and Dulaney-James, in support of "Shall Issue" gun legislation.

Delegate Dulaney-James is one of my two Delegates, along with Dan Riley. She and I don't agree on everything, but she has supported the bills when Del Riley introduced them. I have to switch over to Dem for the primary to make sure they both survive that step.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for writing that article DeadEye, I didn't realize you were a poster to this forum, and I'm a little surprised they would even publish such a positive article.

There were several themes there that I hear echo'ed throughout this site and other well informed places in cyberspace. I probably should have posted this under the thread about the article... in any case, thank you and great work!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    At the moment, not a thing. My only defense is that I'm a relative newbie to these boards and try to learn as much as I can everyday. Since this thread first came to life, I followed the link to AGC's ratings of my representatives; they've earned two As, one B and a question mark - very surprising for my district. I'll be glad to send small donations to my representatives, along with an explanation for why I choose to support them.

As it seems that my reps are already largely sympathetic to our cause, what would others suggest I do to get in the ear of those who deem us backwoods lunatics?

I was re-reading this thread and this post stuck out at me. I remember when Boondock wrote this. He was the new guy that I thought would burn out and fade away in a few weeks. Man am I glad I was wrong about that...

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I was re-reading this thread and this post stuck out at me. I remember when Boondock wrote this. He was the new guy that I thought would burn out and fade away in a few weeks. Man am I glad I was wrong about that...

Well, hell, just make my blush like a sissy, why don't you? :blush:

I think I had been registered on MDS for all of nine days when I posted that. Truthfully, I thought anyone who was "fighting the machine" in Maryland was just a masochist fighting a losing battle. Well, turns out that the masochist part is true, but it's definitely not a losing battle as we have seen in the last couple of years and specifically in the last several weeks. The amount of progress we have made in the nearly two years that I have been on this board is truly encouraging and I hope it inspires others to step up their contributions to our mutual effort. We've long believed that if every Maryland gun owner would give just the bare minimum of effort toward advancing our cause, we'd be able to strike a lot of the more heinous restrictions on our rights without litigation.

I'm glad to be here for as long as anyone will have me. I appreciate being recognized as doing my fair share in the fight, though it does humble me, as there are still plenty of folks who run circles around my contributions to the fight for our gun rights in this state, and they are certainly to be commended more fervently than me.

Cheers, ladies and gentlemen. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom