• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Also remember it would amount to a total ban on a constitutional right, the only thing that courts have consistantly said NO to.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So when is MSI filing a lawsuit on our behalf?

Nice of you to crawl out from under that rock....:rolleyes:

NRA will be filing the lawsuit. No suit can be filed until the law actually goes into effect. So the NRA will be filing on or after October 1.....

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think a lot of people are going to be delayed well into 2014.

I see potential for a BIG lawsuit.

I see a lot of pissed off, re-energized voters going into the 2014 elections.

I think hubris and stupidity have led "those people" to make huge, blundersome miscalculatifications. Hope so, anyway.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So when is MSI filing a lawsuit on our behalf?

It will be the NRA leading the lawsuit. MSI and AGC don't have the funds and resources to take the lawsuit to the Supreme Court.

Originally, we needed to wait until the law took effect; with this new information, an injunction may now be an option.

Previously there had been no practical option for an injunction, this may be a game changer.

47petey

Aug 8, 2013
    First ever post...from Baltimore...but this got me especially p'd off.

What if people in the squeeze went to their FFL's (those not releasing on time) and said: I'll take possession of the gun then give it right back to you so your gunsmith, etc. can have a look at it. That way, you've taken possession, but they have no fear of letting some bad guy out on the street with a weapon. You still might have some FFL's who say NO, but some might say yes. Then, you've got legal possession (and avoid HQL) but they aren't risking an armed (should be declined) idiot walking out the door.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    As good a reason as they are going to get. Though I can see some places viewing this as an opportunity to make more money by selling training classes, fingerprints and photographs.

Absolutely. In fact, I think one ffl I have a transfer with might be in this group. IMO, we need to punish the businesses which look to profit from our rights being infringed by supporting those who do not with our business.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I hate to say "I told you so" but........... :sad20:

If there is any good to be seen in this, at least it's possible that this additional outrageous denial of accessibility to a constitutional right might be enough to tip the balance in favor of an injunction.

I hate to say it, but I hate being right a lot of the time.

IH8DemLibz more and more every day.

My first time handgun buying Son did his paperwork on 6-3 and I did mine on 5-23. It's gunna be close. He won't be happy and I'll be even unhappier. I want my kid to get his 29th birthday gift before his 30th birthday.

Can I catch a ride with anyone going to the Country of North Dakota?

I'll shut-up now before the hammers start to fall.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Absolutely. In fact, I think one ffl I have a transfer with might be in this group. IMO, we need to punish the businesses which look to profit from our rights being infringed by supporting those who do not with our business.

Until one walks in another's shoes... .

Your call, but I refuse to blame dealers for the state's draconian approach to a person's right of self protection.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I think we need to swamp them with HQL apps! A right delayed is a right denied!

I am most definately in the "Make Them Go Blind On Paperwork" camp. I'll gladly spend 50 bucks to ruin someones day.

It's a double edged sword though. One edge of the sword and we can get back at them the only way we can. The other edge of the sword only delays those that are really in need of the HQL.

It's a tough call.

Dave T

First ever post...from Baltimore...but this got me especially p'd off.

What if people in the squeeze went to their FFL's (those not releasing on time) and said: I'll take possession of the gun then give it right back to you so your gunsmith, etc. can have a look at it. That way, you've taken possession, but they have no fear of letting some bad guy out on the street with a weapon. You still might have some FFL's who say NO, but some might say yes. Then, you've got legal possession (and avoid HQL) but they aren't risking an armed (should be declined) idiot walking out the door.

Interesting approach, but it would create more paperwork (time and expense) for the FFLs. Plus it would not do anything to sway FFLs who still fear some form of future retribution for doing early releases.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is a blessing in disguise. Outrageous? Yes. Will it stand? I don't think so.
    Keep calm and buy on.

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    Seems to me to make the MSI lawsuit look like a waste of time. MSP is taking longer and longer to ND, and the backlog grows. This will be ugly for those of us caught in the line.

We need to do our best to make this crap splatter back at its creators, MOM in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom