• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    What does it mean they have to “surrender” them?
    How do they know you didn’t sell it or give away to a friend out of state?

This is my question as well. In Connecticut, they said something about confiscation, and that didn't go so well.

Anyone from NJ want to comment on where the State Police will side? Likely would be them ........

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    how about instead they make a law that using a firearm with a bump stock during a felony will be a felony?

how many folks died last year from bump stocks vs alcohol and texting while driving. if we're gonna ban stuff that may kill us, let's ban all of it.

i could give a crap about bump stocks and frankly they do emulate what is clearly already heavily regulated if not outlawed. but would love to see the pol's just focus on criminals and violence and not ban or regulate stuff that may or may not be used to facilitate crimes.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    On the plus side, it will be pretty hard for anyone to stumble on a buried polymer stock. It's not like you can pick it up with a metal detector.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The ban is useless and feel-good of course, but to quote the first post:

Under previous law they weren't banned but were barred from legal use on weapons.

What kind of twisted politician logic is that?

Coming soon to a MD pol near you: "We aren't confiscating those grandfathered normal capacity magazines, but you are barred from using them in your rifles".

Recognize confiscation is impossible, virtually ban stuff by proxy.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    In all fairness when they said "ban bump stocks" he thought they said "can of plump ham hocks" and said "Ohhh, I want that!"

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ah yes, he is quite fat

He's so fat, when he got free tickets to the Super Bowl he asked if he could bring a spoon.

602.gif

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    When he was elected, I was cautiously optimistic that he may actually do some good for the state.

But, he just turned out to be another F'n $hitbag Governor.

I don't wish bad on people, but, if I woke up tomorrow and saw his name in the obituaries, I would enjoy reading it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Dare you to go to either state and see if semantics in their eyes is a valid defense. :innocent0

Yes, the thing about New Germany is they have a law called the Graves Act on the books. It basically makes any violation of NJ firearms laws a mandatory three-year/served-in-full/no parole sentence. The mom from Philadelphia with a PA CCW permit who crossed the bridge and got stopped in NJ and was looking at 3 years is an example. But it can be anything. Buy a BB gun in Pennsylvania and cross back into Jersey with it without doing the required FOID paperwork, three years in the pokey. This is why lawyers of people charged with minor firearms violations up there are always desperate to plead to a "disorderly persons" charge or basically anything but a gun crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom