Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 11th, 2018, 07:12 AM #31
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knovotny View Post
So this is a pretty disappointing thread...

Her appearance, and your like or dislike of it, doesn't exclude her from being sexually harassed. I am sure it happened and that things like it continue to happen.

She may be a nut job, but that doesn't mean it's ok for stuff like that to happen. Her being a Democrat doesn't make it ok either. This is ingrained in everyone in power, that it is ok to harass those with less power. It is about power, not sex.

Her getting herself in legal trouble about the exposure certainly doesn't help anything become more open. Her decision after talking to a more senior female just perpetuates the cycle. Everyone needs to do better.

This disintegrating into bashing her appearance and how you would need a ton of booze to touch her is crass. No one deserves that. Think if she was your daughter and people were saying that.

Well... you may have a point about the sophomoric humor on the board... I'm as guilty of that as anyone else, but I don't think you should take that as our membership excusing or dismissing the seriousness of sexual harassment. I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks that is OK.

Part of the issue is that Ms. Kelly has a serious credibility problem. Did it happen the way she said it did? I don't know. I question her character, but that doesn't mean what she said is untrue. If the charges are real, then the perpetrator(s) need to be outed and punished. Some of the cynicism you see here is with the politics of the MD GA.... if the alleged harasser(s) had an R by their name, they would have already been outed, tarred, and feathered by the leadership. As it stands right now, however, it looks like the majority party is protecting one of their own. It is a good old boy's club for sure and I agree that has to stop; but it probably won't until we see some change in the membership and leadership in the GA.
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:34 AM #32

I only dabble on here, but hubby is active. I appreciate much of the type of humor on here. I just feel there was a bit too much dismissing her claims because of her appearance, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I understand her credibility is an issue. It makes this whole situation (not this thread) all the more frustrating. It is hard enough for victims to be believed, and then for them to get any kind of productive resolution. I am 100% certain that if he had an R after his name that we would know his name. So sick of this happening and it continues to be pushed under the rug even by other women.

[QUOTE=Doctor_M;5057961]Well... you may have a point about the sophomoric humor on the board... I'm as guilty of that as anyone else, but I don't think you should take that as our membership excusing or dismissing the seriousness of sexual harassment. I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks that is OK.

Part of the issue is that Ms. Kelly has a serious credibility problem. Did it happen the way she said it did? I don't know. I question her character, but that doesn't mean what she said is untrue. If the charges are real, then the perpetrator(s) need to be outed and punished. Some of the cynicism you see here is with the politics of the MD GA.... if the alleged harasser(s) had an R by their name, they would have already been outed, tarred, and feathered by the leadership. As it stands right now, however, it looks like the majority party is protecting one of their own. It is a good old boy's club for sure and I agree that has to stop; but it probably won't until we see some change in the membership and leadership in the GA.[/QUOTE]
knovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:59 AM #33
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

Quote:
I only dabble on here, but hubby is active. I appreciate much of the type of humor on here. I just feel there was a bit too much dismissing her claims because of her appearance, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I understand her credibility is an issue. It makes this whole situation (not this thread) all the more frustrating. It is hard enough for victims to be believed, and then for them to get any kind of productive resolution. I am 100% certain that if he had an R after his name that we would know his name. So sick of this happening and it continues to be pushed under the rug even by other women.
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:03 AM #34
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post
+1

And at least I didn't post the ' ....... you already told her twice' joke.

ANY man who beats a woman should have his hands chopped off.
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:12 AM #35
Residude in Chief

Residude in Chief

Quote:

[QUOTE=Doctor_M;5057961]Well... you may have a point about the sophomoric humor on the board... I'm as guilty of that as anyone else, but I don't think you should take that as our membership excusing or dismissing the seriousness of sexual harassment. I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks that is OK.

Part of the issue is that Ms. Kelly has a serious credibility problem. Did it happen the way she said it did? I don't know. I question her character, but that doesn't mean what she said is untrue. If the charges are real, then the perpetrator(s) need to be outed and punished. Some of the cynicism you see here is with the politics of the MD GA.... if the alleged harasser(s) had an R by their name, they would have already been outed, tarred, and feathered by the leadership. As it stands right now, however, it looks like the majority party is protecting one of their own. It is a good old boy's club for sure and I agree that has to stop; but it probably won't until we see some change in the membership and leadership in the GA.
[/QUOTE]

I know as one of the old man of this board (forum) that i would welcome you to post more often .
I like the fact that you are coming in the forum and expressing your opinions , i also agree i am a little kid at heart maybe even a delinquent to some degree .
Women in the gun forum arena are a breath of fresh air IMHO , it also gives us guys a reminder we have females on the forum .
All the best and hope to see you post more often .
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:34 AM #36
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dismissing her claims because of the subjective nature of her appearance is not right.
As a matter of fact, that is what is alleged against Women's March speaker, Linda Sarsour: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/17/li...orked-for-her/

It's egregious that people who are the victims of crimes are discouraged from coming forward with charges and seeking the appropriate venues for making their claims. It's wrong everywhere.
DC-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:20 AM #37

I have no issue with her looks , and credibility on that basis .

Whipping out the girls in public to make a (supposed ) point during a loud argument can make for credibility issues .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:23 AM #38
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Why does the legislature need their own set of special rules to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace? Why don't they just follow the same rules as everyone else?

They have a bad habit of thinking they are more special than other people.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:41 AM #39

What kind of sign can we put together for her? I bet that divorce was the happiest day of her ex's life.
"I don't get mad, I get naked"
"When in doubt, pull them out"
Not_an_outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:51 AM #40
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
What kind of sign can we put together for her? I bet that divorce was the happiest day of her ex's life.
"I don't get mad, I get naked"
"When in doubt, pull them out"

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland