• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I drive a f150 supercrew with a cap and a jeep Wrangler.
    Both of these vehicles are open and easy to see into. All my window are tinted but still can be seen trough if looked hard enough.

If the officer sees a gun case and or ammo boxes he/she could say it gives them probable cause to search the vehicle.

The police force has changed a lot and not for the better. But that is a discussion for another time.

Put a blanket over them, then the officer doesn't see a gun case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It likely wouldnt. However most times I have been pulled over I am asked "Any guns drugs rocket launchers ect ect ect in the car i need to know about"

How am I supposed to answer that? If i say yes there is a handgun you bet they are going to want to see it. If I refuse most officers arent going to just leave it at that.

Do I respond "there is nothing illegal in the car" to the question "Any firearms/drugs in the car i need to know about? I feel like that answer is basically saying yes I have a firearm but it is legal. Because it is clear that you avoided the actual question.

Idk maybe my experiences with police are not the normal. I havent been stopped since I was younger but whenever I was it was often a problem. I have had my car searched before because i guess i "looked like someone who would do drugs" and they brought a dog out that did a BS hit and they found nothing. My experience is if they want to search your car, they will do it. Period.

I guess my experiences with stops have not been very good so I am inclined to be prepared how to handle any situation.

"I have nothing illegal in the car officer, am I free to go"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    "That I need to know about". Simple, honest answer: "No, officer". It's never in your interest to answer questions that haven't been asked.

just a suggestion, but i wouldn’t just say “no” to the above question. it can be interpreted as a lie.

something more along the line of “i have nothing illegal in the car” is a little better.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a nice Mikita router. Anyone else have issues with the end mill coming out as it's spinning even after being locked in hard as shit?

Maybe the taper doesn't allow for a solid lock? I thought I screwed up my first lower (it is screweed up) but it's because my end mill bit is loosening it self very quickly. Brand new router and the bit only backs out while milling. It's cause a portion to be lower in depth than others (totally fixable at this point) but I don't want to continue because anytime the mill bit hits metal it loosens. It's driving me up a wall

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a nice Mikita router. Anyone else have issues with the end mill coming out as it's spinning even after being locked in hard as shit?

Maybe the taper doesn't allow for a solid lock? I thought I screwed up my first lower (it is screweed up) but it's because my end mill bit is loosening it self very quickly. Brand new router and the bit only backs out while milling. It's cause a portion to be lower in depth than others (totally fixable at this point) but I don't want to continue because anytime the mill bit hits metal it loosens. It's driving me up a wall

I had the same problem with the Mikita router. Got the Dewalt and haven't had a single problem.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I have a Mikata finish router. The only time the bit backed out was when I tried too much cut, I think. I use the 80% mill bit and tend to take shallower cuts. I torque the bejesus out of the collet.

Also, is the speed of the bit correct? Comes down to feed rate which is related to bit speed, or some such. I turned up the RPMs on the router and the bit started cutting like butter.

Is there any instruction with the jig as to RPM settings?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a Mikata finish router. The only time the bit backed out was when I tried too much cut, I think. I use the 80% mill bit and tend to take shallower cuts. I torque the bejesus out of the collet.

Also, is the speed of the bit correct? Comes down to feed rate which is related to bit speed, or some such. I turned up the RPMs on the router and the bit started cutting like butter.

Is there any instruction with the jig as to RPM settings?

No except in one spot where it tells you to start real slow. It does fine until the last 3rd or the milling and then backs out. I took to coupler off cranked that thing down like a champ and put it on 4 just to watch and the damn bit was backing out not even milling. I’m pissed!!! I never leave reviews but amazon just got a hot one from Ole Mr Jones

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    lol I can't F'n win. Between Home Depot morons and my own failures this is a mess.

Ha! I even tried tightening the Mikita before each pass and it STILL slipped. Drove me nuts. Take it back. The Dewalt is $15 more.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ha! I even tried tightening the Mikita before each pass and it STILL slipped. Drove me nuts. Take it back. The Dewalt is $15 more.

The DP611?

Wife just printed the return label from Amazon. I'll box it up tomorrroww after work and take it to the store.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

When the doc tells you to do something.....you do it!

Dewalt made my life easy

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    When the doc tells you to do something.....you do it!

Dewalt made my life easy
    I always found finishing one of these to be quite satisfying, but none so more as the Polymer80 Glock clone.

So, how many more are you contemplating? They are ... addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom