Quail/Pheasant Shooting Preserve in Charles County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Last year I heard from a friend that a new club/shooting preserve type of operation opened in Southern MD. I think he said it was in Charles County. I believe it's still a small operation with some pen raised quail and maybe pheasant hunting, plus some guided deer hunts. I'm a little fuzzy on the details. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I've got a bird dog and would like to get her out locally before we head to the Midwest for the "real" thing.

Thanks!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bowles Farms in Clemets used to offer this, but doesn't seem to currently.

Did find Kingwood Sporting Farm LLC with mailing address of Charlotte Hall , 443 454-2905 .

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Thanks! I think it was Kingwood--I tried calling them but the phone number doesn't work. I wonder if they're operating or not. It would be nice to be able to go there if it is as described:

Once a privately held property on Allens Fresh in southern Maryland, this magnificent place boasts miles of waterfront marshlands on the Wicomico River.

For generations, this legendary land known for waterfowl hunting unmatched, and world class Whitetail Deer hunting was reserved only for friends and family. Today, the new owners and partner outfitter have created Kingwood Sporting Farms llc, a licensed RSA (Regulated Shooting Area) offering upland hunting for Bobwhite Quail, Pheasant, Chukar and Hungarian Partridge. Marked upland bird courses wind for miles through fields of natural warm weather grasses divided by hedgerows and woodlots. We have guides with both pointers and setters or you can bring your own bird dog and run the course yourself.

While upland bird hunting is our passion, this farm also offers some amazing opportunities for Whitetail Deer hunting. Wild waterfowl hunts are soon to come as well as (RSA) captive release shoots for Mallard ducks and tower shoots for pheasants.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I recall seeing a sign along Rt.234 just outside Leonardtown, left hand side about a mile from the 234/5 intersection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom