• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I am law-abiding to a fault, but I have determined that if the state decides to make "an example of me" for some infraction somewhere (i.e. read Three Felonies a Day), I'm going full-on Super-Villain.

1659932-doomdoctor.jpg

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I always carry within my permit requirements , not hard to in most all cases .

But i must say the whole thing of getting permission to carry is a baffling concept . And even more so with the stupid restrictions ......SMH

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I am an attorney, and after reading through three pages, here's what I'm getting:

Woodstock has warned us about absolutely nothing new. Nothing even close to new. Criminal 4-203 has, for as long as I can remember, included a max sentence of 3 years for a first time illegal carry offender, which makes any conviction under the same disqualifying.

Although he hinted at something involving a recent conversation with an ASA, no information from that conversation has been shared. When DC-W took a stab at it and cited Criminal 4-203, Woodstock indicated that this was his message. So... absolutely nothing new. Status quo for decades, but I suppose I'm glad he figured it out.

What the hell did I miss?

(This thread kind of reminds me of the occasional post by a noob who jumps right in with "Look! I just read the Constitution! Maryland is violating our 2A rights!" and we all look around at each other like... "yeah... ummm... glad you could catch up? :shrug:")

-Rob
    Touché sir.

I believe we've perhaps found our replacement for our dearly departed Fred.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    IT HAS BEEN RUMORED that folks are arming up because of the uptick in violent assaults, and they are arming themselves "illegally", according to the state. WCBM's Bruce Elliot has made reference in his morning shows.

KLUNITIC i am advising everyone here, that new rules/laws have passed and unless you stay on top of what is going on, WE THE PEPLE are doomed.

The state is sorta kinda right. People are looking to legally protect themselves.

Some aren't looking to carry firearms, but TASERS. Which are 100% legal in MD, without a carry permit. Since the various jurisdictions (including Baltimore) repealled their electronic control device ordinances.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Fourteen year old Thug Life gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and is released. Only to get caught doing it a second time.

Or a third, or a fourth. Or someone who is already a felon and they drop the gun charge.

Middle aged Harry Homeowner gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and goes away for five years. And loses all future gun owning rights.

Gotta love Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I always felt that if you wanted to carry without a permit that you should start by illegally buying a pistol on the street. There would be no paper trail if you had to ditch it and you could always buy another one.

There is no maybe if you are committing handgun crimes. Even if you completely disagree with our MSP run permit system, there is little difference between illegal purchase and illegal carry.

Why would anyone illegally carry a gun that they bought and can be traced back to them?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    What?! My pocket constitution is my permit!!

:sarcasm:

I am told that offers can easily distinguish legal permit holster from thugs, as thugs use duct tape or rubber bands - while legal permit holders have proper holster and pants around their waist (not ass). :innocent0:

More seriously, don't illegally carry. Yes they will prosecute you because you make a great headline. "Paranoid Alt-right suburban NRA member busted for illegally carrying." Prosecuting a thug with a rap sheet only highlights other deficiencies.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I can't help but think of the words of Susanna Hupp when she said...
    "I would much rather be in jail with a felony offense over my head, and have my parents alive."
    After her parents were killed in the Luby's Restaurant massacre and she left her gun in her car and not in her purse because of the "law" against concealed carry.
    It's a chance that some people take when they deem it's necessary and refuse to be helpless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom