Cornyn ( R-Texas) to introduce background check bill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...we-need-to-fix-broken-background-check-system

The Republican senator's comments come after he announced on Tuesday that he would introduce a bill designed to strengthen the gun background check system in the U.S. after the identified shooter's previous court-martial conviction was not entered into the FBI database, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

The bill will require agencies to do what they are already supposed to do...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Maybe if Republicans keep introducing Bills replicating laws that already exist, it will pacify the Leftists.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I'm fine with this bill. It defeats the leftist argument that we "did nothing." Pass a stupid law that has no effect and then hopefully we can get the reciprocity bill passed.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm fine with this bill. It defeats the leftist argument that we "did nothing." Pass a stupid law that has no effect and then hopefully we can get the reciprocity bill passed.

Yes, and attach the Senate reciprocity bill to it. Then they can say more people will get permits and undergo more background checks than just the NICS check.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Obama already signed an executive order that required agencies to send records to NICS. If you recall, some agencies like social security were a little too enthusiastic.

I cannot see why we would need a law on top of existing law and an executive order.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Obama already signed an executive order that required agencies to send records to NICS. If you recall, some agencies like social security were a little too enthusiastic.

I cannot see why we would need a law on top of existing law and an executive order.

Because this time....it's for REAL!

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland

Well if you broke the law before it was only ILLEGAL. If you break this new law it will be SUPER DUPER ILLEGAL.

But seriously at the end of the day, the jack ass from Texas just showed most of us what we already know. This case is a classic case study of how things get lost and stuff just doesn't happen like it's supposed to in the government. Did someone drop the ball here? No, an entire system dropped the ball here. But that happens every single day. The solution to this problem isn't more of the same.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads