• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So fill me in on the BPD patrol rifles . Am I hearing rock & roll, or multiple people going full semi auto at the same time ?

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    NOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR ME TO BE A BALTIMORE COP

God bless those who feel the calling.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Thank you officers for putting yourselves in harm's way and removing animals from society.
    Guaranteed 0% recidivism in this case.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The video I saw was full rock music playing.

Yeah, some of it was rapid semi-automatic fire, but I am positive when the POV body camera officer shot at the SUV as it shot by him, he was full auto. Same with one other time later (though I think that was a different officer).

If that was semiauto fire, then it was several all firing as fast as they could for just 3 or 4 shots each (times maybe 3 officers).

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Sounded like semi to me. The awful audio quality seems to distort making it sound like auto. The distortion and multiple people letting go in rapid fire make it sound like that to my untrained ears. Also if you watch the rifle recoil it seems semi.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What was the number, 154 rounds fired by 13 officers?
    It was all semiauto.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    based on the body cam video that was at the Baltimore Sun, I am positive it was full auto. There was video. I was surprised by it. I was especially suprised that the officer seemed to start on full auto not even burst.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Kind of sums up why the BPD is filled with miserable people. Could you imagine going home after being in a shootout like that only to wake up the next day and do it all over again? All the while, State’s Attorney Mosby won't stop running her mouth about how the cops are actually the problem and if they would just leave little Tyrone alone Baltimore would be a happy place with flowery meadows, rainbow skies and rivers made of chocolate where the children dance and laugh and play with gumdrop smiles.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The mic preamps on those bodycams were completely clipping (even with just the officer's voice as he shouted). Each time the cheap preamp clipped, it produced a burst of digital hash/noise that lasted long enough to make it continuous as subsequent shots and other noises hit the mic. That produces the illusion of sustained (auto-like) fire when that's not necessarily anything like what was happening. For forensic purposes, they need bodycams with better mic chips (A/D converters with far better dynamic range and overhead). Because when the audio clips that easily, it can totally kill the contextual information needed to understand what's happening on the scene. We're talking the difference between a $2 chip and a $4 chip. Buying from the lowest bidder is why we can never have nice things.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So fill me in on the BPD patrol rifles . Am I hearing rock & roll, or multiple people going full semi auto at the same time ?

Multiple officers shooting at the same time. Baltimore City gave up their full auto toys back in the late 90's.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    based on the body cam video that was at the Baltimore Sun, I am positive it was full auto. There was video. I was surprised by it. I was especially suprised that the officer seemed to start on full auto not even burst.

Nope, not full auto, semi-auto from the officer of the body cam on all rounds fired, and rapid semi auto from multiple officers at later instances in the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom