• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wedding present for a buddy that's a huge skins fan too.

Not nearly as involved as metal working!! Ranchero that's freaking awesome!! I'd love to learn that crap but it seems every new skill comes with a heafty price tag ;)

I don't even like ARs but keep building them. I wanna do a 1911 80% but don't want to invest in the tools!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 345

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Thanks, been learning as I go. Spent most of today making a new front mount and then working both sides to match and fit to the ring.

DSC03018.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

I think the next step will be making another gauge mount that will reach out to the fairing sides as well. Hoping to have it back on the road by Sunday.

That's a hell of a bike lift! What a great idea.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Thanks, 2200 lbs capacity and is running off an old lawn mower battery. I've had it for @ 20 years but didn't 'need' it until I bought the bike.

Spent the past day fitting the fairing panels and programming a new gauge mount for the bike. Welded the panels to the trim ring today and did some other fitting to get the screen ready to mount.
    DSC03030.jpg

Took it out between raindrops and verified that the aero works very well up to 75mph with just a 1/2 helmet on. Overall I'm really happy with it.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Made this from scraps. Had to buy Drawer slides $18, TotLok (10) for <$29, Magnets ~ $5 ea. Mirror I cut from an old larger mirror. So about $50. Birch, Maple and Ipe. The back is removable so a box can be cut into the wall if depth is needed (I did not need) there is 1 1/2" of space to lay things flat, more than enough room for Glocks. It's low profile and looks quite concealed! No need to go between studs. Making small shelving for the inside now. All mechanics worked out very smooth, I thought it would be tough, nope. Plastic over mirror since I'm not the selfie type. I getting a lot of interest and might have to make more.

Attachments

• Frame1.jpg
      Frame1.jpg
      59.4 KB · Views: 250
    • Frame3.jpg
      Frame3.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 240
    • Frame2.jpg
      Frame2.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 246

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    ^^ I saw this in person and ironpony's work is incredible. He did a really nice job on the woodwork and the slides are smooth. Works like a charm, too. Nicer than those made by "the other company" and you will be supporting an MDS member.

I may have you make a longer one to hold a long gun for me. We will talk about it.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Made this from scraps. Had to buy Drawer slides $18, TotLok (10) for <$29, Magnets ~ $5 ea. Mirror I cut from an old larger mirror. So about $50. Birch, Maple and Ipe. The back is removable so a box can be cut into the wall if depth is needed (I did not need) there is 1 1/2" of space to lay things flat, more than enough room for Glocks. It's low profile and looks quite concealed! No need to go between studs. Making small shelving for the inside now. All mechanics worked out very smooth, I thought it would be tough, nope. Plastic over mirror since I'm not the selfie type. I getting a lot of interest and might have to make more.

Let me link up with you after the holidays. Might ask you for a relatively odd request.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    ^^ I saw this in person and ironpony's work is incredible. He did a really nice job on the woodwork and the slides are smooth. Works like a charm, too. Nicer than those made by "the other company" and you will be supporting an MDS member.

I may have you make a longer one to hold a long gun for me. We will talk about it.
    Thanks for the plug Chris, nothing against the other guys, they are doing it right. I'm not trying to advertise due to the IP thing, I prefer to follow the rules but am not in the "industry" so at some point I would like to bring up the idea of a non-IP section or a way for non-industry but 2A friendly business to say "hey, don't give your money to "anti"-business' ". This was truly a project for me but ... well is it Bradmac that will often say "everything is for sale"?
    Feel free to reach out anytime.

Let me link up with you after the holidays. Might ask you for a relatively odd request.

Anytime Sir, all of my work is custom and unusual per request so it may not be too odd. :)

There is a lot of talent in this forum/group! Love the metal work Ranchero, good stuff.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not REALLY diy but I’m happy with how this turned out and wasn’t starting a whole new thread just for this.

Gentleman on the neighborhood app was giving this away. It was in pretty decent condition but the door was broken, roof was a little rough, and had spider webs.

I did a brief roof sand then quick satin poly (it is outdoors after all). Fixed and re attached the door, added the address numbers, we bought a pink cactus (no quips), quick wash of the whole thing, and added some battery operated outdoor LED lights with on off switches inside for the kids. My daughter and two other neighborhood boys played inside it for like 3 hours today!

Awesome free score with super minor elbow grease. Not nearly as inventive as chads sons power wheels but she loves it!

Attachments

• 1BC3D6EA-7812-4547-BB2D-F671766945C6.jpg
      1BC3D6EA-7812-4547-BB2D-F671766945C6.jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 105
    • 465E2D8D-F873-4209-8677-0BF5B3B57F79.jpg
      465E2D8D-F873-4209-8677-0BF5B3B57F79.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 92
    • 0EC9F4E9-B134-47C6-A93B-A03872346C1D.jpg
      0EC9F4E9-B134-47C6-A93B-A03872346C1D.jpg
      94.6 KB · Views: 93
    • D4318C08-ABE9-423E-A421-CA515856ADD2.jpg
      D4318C08-ABE9-423E-A421-CA515856ADD2.jpg