• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Anyone know were I can get mag tube extensions for the 590? I have seen them through tac star but they only fit the remingtons. Been having a hard time finding them.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    No idea since I never even knew what a Mossberg 590 is until about twenty minutes ago, but from what I've been reading since it appears an extenstion for the 590 is out of the question. Replacing the whole tube mag with a bigger one may be possible however.
    I could have easily misread though.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If the 590 is anything like the 500, it seems to me that you're pretty much SOL.

The barrel has to be paired with the mag tube length because of the way that the two screw together.

With the Remington set up it is possible to add the mag extension without much fuss at all.

For my "going to the mountain" shotgun, I have a used Mossberg 500. It has the standard mag tube on it. I'll probably just get a butt cuff or side saddle for it if i feel the need for more shells on board.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I had trouble finding one when I was looking a few years back so I made my own. Ordered an extra 590 mag tube and cap and turn them on my lathe and brazed it together. I'm using two mag springs and a spacer to keep them lined up. It only gets me an extra six rounds, but one day I may experiment with shorter springs/spacer to try for 1 or 2 more rounds.

Attachments

• DSC01088.JPG
      DSC01088.JPG
      8.8 KB · Views: 266

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Just to add a little I have looked at both the moss and rem pretty extensively. the mag extensions for the Remington just screws in to were the magazine screw cap goes (bottom pic). My Mosberg (top pic)has this screw cap but I have not found anything that says if it will fit or not.
    IMG_0590.jpg

SHT-084.jpg .

Anyone have any other thought than what has been posted. The remington sometimes is seen with a stablizer bracket however this is an accessory.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The Remington and Mossberg threads are different and are not interchangable. That would be too easy and you can't have that.

Attachments

• DSC01111.JPG
      DSC01111.JPG
      8.3 KB · Views: 237
    • DSC01112.JPG
      DSC01112.JPG
      7.3 KB · Views: 233

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    pretty sure that the 590 is an 8+1...at least the one we were shooting last time took 8 two and three quarters shells or 6 3inch magnums

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom