• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Thanks again guys. Can never have enough CZs.
    SAM_0134.jpg

It's playing nice with some of its siblings before going off to CZ custom.

SAM_0148.jpg

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Lovely addition, sir!

I heard Mark say he was going to be a dealer about 3 months ago, but you know how people talk. Now I'm scared to go in there ;)

(I have a CZ-85 Combat and a CZ-82...probably need a CZ-97 :) )

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Lovely addition, sir!

I heard Mark say he was going to be a dealer about 3 months ago, but you know how people talk. Now I'm scared to go in there ;)

(I have a CZ-85 Combat and a CZ-82...probably need a CZ-97 :) )

Just heard him say today he may have a 97 coming his way soon.;)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I looked at one at 2A before they even had them priced yet. Not sure which model it was but man it was SWEET. Something else I need to buy now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Nice pistols for sure!

I have a small herd myself, a matte nickel 75B Compact, a PCR, a black P-01, an older OD P-01, two SP-01 Tacticals in 9 and an SP-01 Tactical in .40 (to aggravate Chad).

I really need a BD... :sad20:

Last edited:

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    One of these days, I will get my HQL for another CZ... nice family photo OP!

Does anyone have experience with the Omega model?

Still a good trigger, but a slightly different execution. The older triggers are a little nicer, just a bit more work to service. I've only shot an older model with a well-worn trigger vs newer models with Omegas that weren't broken in yet. I liked the older one better, but that could be partially due to wearing-in. The Omega is still a great trigger for an "issue" pistol and can be improved on by a good smith. I love the classic steel 75-B's but the newer poly and aluminum framed models are superior in many ways.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Nice pistols for sure!

I have a small herd myself, a matte nickel 75B Compact, a PCR, a black P-01, an older OD P-01, two SP-01 Tacticals in 9 and an SP-01 Tactical in .40 (to aggravate Chad).

I really need a BD... :sad20:

Two SP01 in 9mm! Those are basically unobtainable right now. Czs always do better in herds. Having a cz rifle to keep em in line really helps too.
    SAM_0131.jpg

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Any local smithing available, my trigger has a long and uneven pull.

They aren't the easiest to work on. I fancy myself a decent home Smith, and I won't do much myself to them. Cz custom and Cajun gun works are pretty much where to go. Cajun has a defensive carry package for $280 that will give that cz about the best trigger you've felt outside a 1911

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There's a youtube vid on a DIY installation of the some Cajun parts. The before/after trigger pull was unimpressive but the vid producer claimed it would get better with time. Reminded me of the Brit Comedy Are You Being Served where they sold ill fitting clothes and told the customer "it will ride up with wear"

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    I wouldn't do theirs or cz customs parts myself. Outside the P01 most czs aren't good at just dropping in parts. They will require proper fitting to one another. The P01 being a NATO submitted gun required a higher degree of consistency. I think glocks and a few others have given people the wrong idea of smithing.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I think CZ Custom is the way to go for trigger work. They ARE hard to work on.

A few of mine have had trigger work, most have not. They all seem to be getting smoother with use.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Is the one I did for you still doing ok?
    Well Chad...I tried about every lube under the sun and the only thing that gun will run on at all is raspberry flavored KY Jelly. :innocent0

Seriously, it's been just fine and operates every bit as well as the one from CZ Custom. Both will choke if they get too dirty with carbon in the top of the frame, the trigger yoke binds a little and the lighter trigger return spring just isn't quite enough for a 100% positive reset. Running that area wet helps and it's really not an issue until they get past 500 or so between lubing/cleaning. If I had it to do over, I'd leave the OEM trigger return spring in place and just go for "smooth".

Other than my carry gun, I do abuse them a little. I keep two in a range bag in the truck with a half dozen mags and a few hundred reloads and shoot them once or twice a week until they quit running. Then I'll swap them out for clean ones. I get a pan of solvent out and do them all when I run out of clean ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom