• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It seems as if some gun owners here think the 1302 law is a good thing.

Some of you break bread with these people and call them friends.

I need to purge more people from my life.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

It sure does

It’s merely a gun confiscation plan used to gain control over md gun owners

Plain and simple

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I'm also quite shocked that there are even a handful of people that think the blatant violation of a citizen's rights is a good thing. This goes way beyond gun rights with this law. It was obvious from the outset that this law would be abused and now it's happening. What's next? We as Marylander's must stop this nonsense and madness! We need to come together and organize.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Not in that camp... I think the 1302 law is a evil aberration... My intent in all of this is that until it is ruled as unconstitutional by a superior court... we are stuck with it as is. "Claiming" that it is unconstitutional WITHOUT the backing of the superior court ruling... and acting to ignore it... or refusing to do as the law requires... will get LEOs FIRED and charged with dereliction of duty.

The MGA and the librons have placed a burr under the saddle of the Police and the 2A supporting Public. They KNOW this and they sit back HOPING there is a rift which widens between us. WE should be smarter than them and see this thing through WITHOUT the animosity between US. Those making comments that are disrespectful of others caught up in this... do NOTHING to fight the left because they spend all of their time and energy fighting others who WOULD HAVE been their staunch allies.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'm also quite shocked that there are even a handful of people that think the blatant violation of a citizen's rights is a good thing. This goes way beyond gun rights with this law. It was obvious from the outset that this law would be abused and now it's happening. What's next? We as Marylander's must stop this nonsense and madness! We need to come together and organize.

And THAT will never happen... so long as some turn their anger against members of their own group.

JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    This state is so ass backwards.....In georgia the cops love gun owners I was told by a sheriff he thinks GWFL holders makes his job easier/safer.. here I was arrested at 19 for having a bb gun in my car and the cops bragged about getting another gun off the street *rolls eyes hard* of course case was dismissed this was back in like 05 or 06....its insane the fear of guns that is in this state for a place that never sees them....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Not in that camp... I think the 1302 law is a evil aberration... My intent in all of this is that until it is ruled as unconstitutional by a superior court... we are stuck with it as is. "Claiming" that it is unconstitutional WITHOUT the backing of the superior court ruling... and acting to ignore it... or refusing to do as the law requires... will get LEOs FIRED and charged with dereliction of duty.

The MGA and the librons have placed a burr under the saddle of the Police and the 2A supporting Public. They KNOW this and they sit back HOPING there is a rift which widens between us. WE should be smarter than them and see this thing through WITHOUT the animosity between US. Those making comments that are disrespectful of others caught up in this... do NOTHING to fight the left because they spend all of their time and energy fighting others who WOULD HAVE been their staunch allies.

You never crossed my mind when I made that post.

I thought the people supporting this abomination were easy to spot. I guess I was wrong.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I am so upset and besides myself with anger and disappointment in so many ways.

WTF is wrong with people? Who in their right mind can even come close to thinking this is nothing more then a complete violation of our rights.

All those who voted for this have violated their oaths to defend us against these types of things.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    According to dblas 114 were requested and less than 60 served
    I take that to mean half of the 1302 are ******** and a judge throws them out

So the system works somewhat as intended. 114 people made their case that they were at risk. The system thought only 1/2 of the cases made it over evidence bar. That could be because there was no evidence, because a case was dropped or because the defendant had a better lawyer. There is no way to tell without more information.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    WTF is wrong with people? Who in their right mind can even come close to thinking this is nothing more then a complete violation of our rights.

Sit in on domestic court for a couple weeks and come back to us with an updated opinion.

I know some people who act as court monitors. Most of them have to take breaks because the cases are too emotionally draining.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So the system works somewhat as intended. 114 people made their case that they were at risk. The system thought only 1/2 of the cases made it over evidence bar. That could be because there was no evidence, because a case was dropped or because the defendant had a better lawyer. There is no way to tell without more information.

How can a defendant have a "better lawyer" if he is not present? What evidence other than hearsay is required in a red flag PO?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I guess no one here actually knows anyone who's been 1302'd? (or a LEO who has participated?) I have some questions about the process that could best be answered by someone involved first hand...like would I be allowed to open my safe for the nice officers, or do they chop their way in while I'm in cuffs? How do we retrieve my firearms that may be stored at another location? What if we can't find a couple? :o Will my father be able to retrieve his rifle that was in my safe because I was working on it?

I hear they are supposed to take all my ammo too...do they know in advance to bring a big enough truck? A Crown Vic trunk or two just ain't gonna cut it :innocent0 If my wife offers to move out (or kick me out) right then and there, can she at least keep her guns and ammo?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

No offense, but you don't have a clue how this works. Google ex-parte.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

The defendants don’t get to have a lawyer until after their guns are arrested and they have been issued the order

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    And how many people are willing and able to find and pay for a lawyer on such short notice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well at 5 am when they bang on your door I would suppose most lawyers are in bed like many folks so I would suspect not many, unless they have one on retainer

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    My comment was in reference to the hearing date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I gotcha, I misunderstood but the answer would be about the same, unless you had one on retainer or had money to spare very few would be able to procure a lawyer that quickly

Just for reference I was sued once about an accident with a piece of farm equipment, the person who sued me got nothing and I paid just over 10k in lawyer fees to protect me from something I did not do

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I gotcha, I misunderstood but the answer would be about the same, unless you had one on retainer or had money to spare very few would be able to procure a lawyer that quickly

Just for reference I was sued once about an accident with a piece of farm equipment, the person who sued me got nothing and I paid just over 10k in lawyer fees to protect me from something I did not do
    That is horrible. We need a law that if you sue someone and lose you pay the court/lawyer costs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom