• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    R&R Thanks for providing Mr Man7's CV. I thought I might have found a unicorn but found an oxymoron instead.

“If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government’s ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.”

President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    R&R Thanks for providing Mr Man7's CV. I thought I might have found a unicorn but found an oxymoron instead.

“If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government’s ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.”

That’s a great and telling quote. Kinda says it all.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I understand what pp is trying to do. but the way you guys are going about it is just plain stupid. take the fight to court if you disagree. make your voice be heard on 2a day in session. you go to these rallies and get arrested im sorry it does give me a chuckle seeing stuff like that and it makes you just as idiotic as the leftists. I have never been a fan of protesting and think its the most pointless thing in the world. the other thing I need to tell you is that not every democrat is an anti. so stop stereotyping democrats as being antigun. I didn't vote for trump because I think hes a total idiot and needs to be impeached and frankly dont understand why people are still supporting him with his cronies getting locked up one by one. but I am a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment. not all of us agree with you but we share the same common denominator. we all support the 2nd amendment.

We have been, for years. It hasn't exactly been going well. After the initial victories in Heller and McDonald, it's been hard pressed to get a win. Major victories like Woolard and Peruta are overturned by En Banc Circuit Courts, bad decisions that read like "Guns are bad cause the government says so" are allowed to stand on appeal. High courts are allowing lower courts to apply rational basis review to 2A rights, a level of review that no other right in the Bill of Rights would be allowed because it's too easy for the government to win.

Now for the liberal thing, I understand your pain. Many of the people here who know me know I'm fairly socially liberal. I don't like the Democratic stereotyping because there are pro-2A democrats. That said, I also have to accept it because I can't deny that there are POWERFUL Democrats who are doing everything they can do advance an anti-2A agenda. We need to work to change the view of the party, but I feel with the constant anti-2A, and increasing anti-1A, agenda from the Democratic party, it's hard to really be too upset at people who are calling out Democrats. That change needs to come from within, and it's something people who are liberal have to achieve.

I think PP provides a useful avenue to promote rights. Working with MSI in the past, I learned that organizations have to be civil to an extent. While I would never say that PP is uncivil, their in your face style of activism fills a void that groups like MSI and the NRA cannot. They also have a great flexibility in their message. If I am representing MSI, it's pretty obvious or will be pretty obviously quickly that I am a Pro-2A group. Seeing some PP videos and stories they seem to have much better flexibility to tailor their message.

Now I will say, I've questioned a few things they've done in my mind, but they've worked out, so I give them the bennefit of the doubt, and I can see how the argument could be made that their videos could use more diversity, but I suppose they can only work with what they have, and also, you don't know that everyone who shows up can be in the video. Some people may have personal or work reasons why they don't want their face in a pro-2A video.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I'm following this with much interest, but for now I'm trying to decide whether or not i should finish my glass of orange juice with a fly floating in it.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA

Are you F'in kidding me? Is that a real quote? UFB fred55

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ....So, we line up against them, and if that hurts the feelings of the Trump-hating, dyed-in-the-wool Democrat voters who happen to be members here, well, there's not a thing we can do.

You won't stand with us, so we ain't losing sleep over it.

And I can assure you that the feelings are more than mutual.

No worries, Zzzzzz_man.....

One year after joining MDshooters... you labelled me, and my activism, this way: "hysterical...lame-brained....old fat white guy...old enough to know better....dressed like characters from a Clockwork Orange".

So I have known since April 2017 you would not be showing up or helping.

Your continued complaints, duly noted.

(ETA: correcting my math error "BS lie" (what?), deep bow!)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Based on news I received just a little while ago, I am asking for you patience for this thread derail.

One of our co-leaders in the Patriot Picket, Ed Leary, who is known to all here as EL1227, says his doctors have told him he can only expect to live a few more weeks. Ed is on home hospice at his place in Edgewater.

He really embodies the fightin' spirit in 2A. God bless him!

Would you please drop into the "Prayers For EL1227" thread to wish him the best in this time of need. Thank you so very much.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=205306

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    No worries, Zzzzzz_man.....

Only one month after joining MDshooters... you labelled me, and my activism, this way: "hysterical...lame-brained....old fat white guy...old enough to know better....dressed like characters from a Clockwork Orange".

So I have known since April 2017 you would not be showing up or helping.

Your continued complaints, duly noted.

Well, I joined MD Shooters in March of 2016 so, that's another BS lie from you but, good luck with recruiting and good luck with getting more people to donate to your hobby, uh, 'legal defense' fund. :lol2:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Well, I joined MD Shooters in March of 2016 so, that's another BS lie from you but, good luck with recruiting and good luck with getting more people to donate to your hobby, uh, 'legal defense' fund. :lol2:

Fixed my math error that you so reflexively call a "BS lie", more deep bowing!

Quick question: have your insulting charcterizations of me and others in the PP been in error in a way that you might reconsider?

Thanks Z, for referring to the Legal Defense Fund, which, according to received donations and pledges, has now topped $4,000!

Thanks to all that care enough about 2A to contribute your hard-won dollars to the fight for our right to Freedom Of Assembly!

For Heaven's sake though, dismiss the manufactured drama in these "complaintzzzz" ...and pay special attention to the real plight of our MDS brother Ed Leary, as posted above in #68. Life is short, and every once in a while the loss of someone among us is the reminder.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I can't believe we are talking about calling people names , that is so ironic . That is a laughable concept , and really is done as a hobby and would not expect anything less .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    $4000.00?

Quite the “hobby” Rack :sarcasm:

Isn’t a hobby something you do because you love it?

And not for profit?

Spot on Zzzzman!

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Fixed my math error that you so reflexively call a "BS lie", more deep bowing!

Quick question: have your charcterizations of me and other in the PP been in error in a way that you might reconsider?

Thanks Z, for referring to the Legal Defense Fund, which, according to received donations and pledges, has now topped $4,000!

Thanks to all that care enough about 2A to contribute your hard-won dollars to the fight for our rights!

Previous personal experience with your name-calling and disingenuous BS on this group just led me to automatically characterize your accusation as yet another lie you told to aggrandize yourself and misrepresent the facts. Pardon my error.

But here's the funny thing, Jeff: While there are several members of the PP I respect and consider friends, I wouldn't pis on you if you were on fire. Your petulant-childlike behavior towards other members of MDS is so repulsive and inappropriate that only someone as f'd-up as you would either consider it acceptable or completely overlook it.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    $4000.00?

Quite the “hobby” Rack!

I am following what my lawyer tells me to do, but with luck, less than half of the Fund will be spent winning in court.

What remains in the Fund would be held in trust for another INDIVIDUAL in the future who gets jammed up on a bogus charge and needs our help. We, as members of the 2A community should embrace what our COMBINED RESOURCES can do against injustice.

Isn't a bogus charge against one of us, worthy of being considered an attack on ALL of us?

I will be reaching out to MSI to ask if they are willing to host this individual defendant's Legal Defense Fund in trust for all MSI members going forward.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Previous personal experience with your name-calling and disingenuous BS on this group just led me to automatically characterize your accusation as yet another lie you told to aggrandize yourself and misrepresent the facts. Pardon my error.

But here's the funny thing, Jeff: While there are several members of the PP I respect and consider friends, I wouldn't pis on you if you were on fire. Your petulant-childlike behavior towards other members of MDS is so repulsive and inappropriate that only someone as f'd-up as you would either consider it acceptable or completely overlook it.

Piss has two "s' "....

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Let’s see, just checking my watch but believe this is just about the time Norton does his daily clean up on Aisle 6, and whacks about 70 of the prior 80 sh*t posts. Kind of a shame since a few, like Eruby’s, are absolutely epic!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom