• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I submitted mine 10-30-17. Emailed Lt Hall 3 days ago he said maybe two more weeks on a decision on my training exemption based on my DD214 I earned in 1971

Absolutely disgusting performance, but not a big surprise.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I was reading the back side of a DC permit. It seems to suggest that you are required to submit to a pat down by an officer!

If I have a permit. And am not carrying. And if I have a contact with the officer. Then I don't inform him/her because I'm not carrying. Can they just pat me down simply because they don't believe me?

Truth is that only 10% of the time I'm in DC, I'm legally permitted to carry. So this scenario seems likely to happen to me if I'm ever pulled over: When they run my DL, they'll know I have a CCPL and didn't "Disclose" to them (because I'm not carrying).

Should I immediately tell the officer that I'm not carrying? Should they believe me? Or does having this permit mean I'm especially likely to lose my 4th Amendment rights? Especially if I'm not carrying?

From the Card:
    "1: Disclose to the officer that he or she is carrying a concealed pistol pursuant to Title 22."
    "4: Comply with all lawful orders and directions from the officer, including allowing a pat down of his or her person and permitting the law enforcement officer to take possession of the pistol for so long as necessary for the safety of the officer or the public."

Sorry for the bad grammar and awful sentence structure. I'm in a hurry. Hopefully it makes sense.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IANAL but it says you must inform if you ARE carrying. There is no requirement to say anything if you are not.

The officer needs PC to detain you and must conform to the conditions for a Terry stop.

I am not consenting to a search under any circumstances where there is no PC.

Notice I said Consent, not NOT ALLOWING.

If you don't allow, you can be charged with resisting.

DC has no way of knowing your permit status from your VA DL. They don't participate in NLETS. Perhaps the DC computer will tell them that, but not a query to VA.

Just my opinion

Attachments

• NLETS.jpg
      NLETS.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 169

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    After almost 150 days I emailed Lt Hall this morning to inquire about my application. He told me I had to take the 16 hour training course and 2 hours of range time but I was conditionally approved.

So much for using your more than 2 year old DD214 and prior military service as an exemption from the training requirement. Lt Hall says all training must have been taken in the past two years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom