• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roger8918

Nov 14, 2010
    Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this post. You see I run a youth shotgun team in York PA and we are in desperate need of some help. Unfortunately, we are losing a few of our Sporting Clays coaches this year and we really need to find some replacements in order for our Sporting Clays program to continue.

To give you a little background... we have 40+ kids in the program. Most all of them shoot Trap, about 20 or so shoot Sporting Clays, and 10-15 shoot Skeet. Their skill set runs the gamut; some are very basic beginners while others are nationally ranked athletes. I have a lot of coaching help with Trap and it looks like I'll be OK for Skeet. Sporting Clays is where my problem is and if I don't find some Sporting Clays coaching help soon I will need to turn kids away.

The team holds approximately 6 Sporting Clays practices a year (April-June). We practice at various ranges in the York Area…Central Penn, Blue Ridge, Hopewell, etc. Most of our practices are held on the weekend mornings however we do include a few Thursday evenings at Hopewell.

Responsibilities include: assisting a squad of 5-6 shooters as they go though the course (50 targets), providing instruction in firearm safety and basic shooting fundamentals including but not limited things like proper stance, gun mount, look points, hold points, break points, follow through, target presentation....etc and most of all providing lots of positive feedback to a great group of young people!!!

I do have a few parents that can assist during practices, mostly with scoring and organizing the kids but I need to find a few coaches who are able to teach the kids some foundational skills.

If this sounds like something you would like to do I can give you a call and we could discuss it in a little more detail. Also, check out our website, it has some information that you may find helpful.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing back from you,
    Roger

Roger
    Mason-Dixon Clay Busters
    www.MasonDixonClayBusters.com
    coach@masondixonclaybusters.com

2013-mdcbSmall.jpg

Last edited:

roger8918

Nov 14, 2010
    Still looking for help... Please consider this opportunity. This is a great bunch of kids and I wouldn't wont to seem them without a program to shoot with.

roger8918

Nov 14, 2010
    Still looking for help... Please consider this opportunity. This is a great bunch of kids and I wouldn't wont to seem them without a program to shoot with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom