• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    At a friends for thanksgiving and her son, a balto co. pd office and I were talking and he said he was glad he was exempt from the 20 + round mag limit.

I informed him that they were illegal to transfer or buy in MD but you can own. He said I was wrong and I asked him if he would like to bet 1000 rounds of .223?

He called a friend and he said I was correct, I dislike cops who spout misinformation as law.

Just a rant.

NOBODY

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    If that was the worst bit of false information you got over the Thanksgiving dinner table in MD, I think you got off pretty light.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    At a friends for thanksgiving and her son, a balto co. pd office and I were talking and he said he was glad he was exempt from the 20 + round mag limit.

I informed him that they were illegal to transfer or buy in MD but you can own. He said I was wrong and I asked him if he would like to bet 1000 rounds of .223?

He called a friend and he said I was correct, I dislike cops who spout misinformation as law.

Just a rant.

NOBODY

Right because I'm sure you've never been wrong about anything you've said ever.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The $300-$500 question is, will he pony up on the 1000 rounds of 223 ammo?

The scary part of the problem is that if that cop really felt strongly about his misinformation, he could potentially arrest someone and take their stuff for not doing anything illegal. I guess that is why lawyers prosecute and defend and not law enforcement.

Mr H

Banana'd

Just a rant.

NOBODY

IIRC....

LEOs are able to purchase +10 round mags in MD.

Would love to know why he quoted 20, though...

RemoveKebab

Nov 27, 2016
    i actually seem gunstores have boxes of banned mags for sale to police or military since they are exempt,here's a copy of sb0281 "(i)
    providing or servicing an assault
    [pistol]WEAPON or detachable magazine for a law enforcement unit or for personnel exempted under item (1) of this section

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The fish rots from the head.

The Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson is an Obama back-rubber and sycophant and won't hesitate to disseminate bad info--especially if it suggests you are a criminal when you pursue your rights to purchase and own firearms.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

The scary part of the problem is that if that cop really felt strongly about his misinformation, he could potentially arrest someone and take their stuff for not doing anything illegal. I guess that is why lawyers prosecute and defend and not law enforcement.

Really, what would the charge ultimately be? Would he make up the number?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Really, what would the charge ultimately be? Would he make up the number?

You could be charged with illegally purchasing a 10+ after 10/13.

Brain dead whacked-out prosecutors are out there in some jurisdictions, even if they'd have no way of proving you bought said mag after the sales ban.

They'd be asking you to take a plea bargain right up until the judge heard the case even if they expected to loose.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Right because I'm sure you've never been wrong about anything you've said ever.

I have been wrong many times, I do not have the ability to deprive someone of their freedom if I am, he is.

NOBODY

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

the ambiguity concerning maryland law is designed to confuse everyone. it is what keeps the lawmakers in business. apparently it is working when an LEO isn't certain also. :smoke:

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    A lot of cops are not "gun people" and get some things wrong... That being said, I've never heard of someone in Maryland getting arrested for a +10 mag or a prosecutor going after a person for a +10 mag....oh boy, I feal the "anti-cop" guys getting upset again.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    bonus question: is it unlawful to travel with loaded magazines, provided the firearm and ammo is being transported within the confines of the law? if it is illegal to transport said loaded magazines, please provide the source for your answer. thank you, :smoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom