• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    agreed sir

ETA-but their shenanigans reinforce my point thatf they don't care. They have their agenda.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think I am being too optimistic.. But maybe the change will be the sudden surge of Anti-Trumpers that suddenly think they need to protect themselves from the government finally realized all the hurdles they let their elected representives erect for them. They are already whipped up into a frenzy, they just need to be nudged into contacting their reps to roll back these changes, and more.

I'm already starting to see that with regards for requests for training.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It didn't change any votes did it?

because they don't care about a small minority of people who won't vote for them anyway

I think it may have influenced the need for a middle-of-the-night backroom "recount" - but that's just me.

agreed sir

ETA-but their shenanigans reinforce my point thatf they don't care. They have their agenda.

Consider: It's difficult to have a power-backed agenda if you no longer are a member of the MGA.

VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT, TOO!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    agreed sir

ETA-but their shenanigans reinforce my point that The Legislative leadership don't care. They have their agenda.

Corrected that, and just as aside, one of the three is gone (O'Malley) and Bush has his hands full with trying to keep the freshmen in line. And while, yes, I agree, they have their agenda, they are having a very hard time enacting it to any great affect.

I still submit that if we stay engaged, throughout the year on any issues that concern us, then we continue to be a fly in their ointment. And yes, I know, there are those elected officials that tune us out (I have three of four that do that), but continue to hammer them with factual discussion (not debates) and leave the "it's my Constitutional Right" arguments at the door, we can slowly turn this ship around.

And no, I'm not preaching to you Swinokur (I know you already know all of this), this is for the lurkers and the new guys that question our sanity of talking over doing something else.

As for that, talking is only a part of the puzzle, there are other things that can (and should) be done by those that are able and capable of doing so. And since I no longer hold a title anywhere, I might just step out on a limb or two this coming legislative session.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    this I agree with. The only solution, just like the last election, is to defeat them.

Yep, we need five more seats in the Senate to prevent a veto over ride, and I believe the number in the House is 7 more Republican seats. We took 10 in the House last election and 2(?) in the Senate last election, so both numbers are not out of the realm of possibility in 2018.

The other way to do it, albeit a bit longer, is get Hogan reelected and have him be in charge of redistricting, at which point the elections in 2022 should be a lot easier to win in our favor. (Yea, I know, not what the older crowd wants to hear.)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    As for that, talking is only a part of the puzzle, there are other things that can (and should) be done by those that are able and capable of doing so. And since I no longer hold a title anywhere, I might just step out on a limb or two this coming legislative session.

Stopping traffic, fires and broken glass? :fingerscrossed:
    Maybe speaking their language would help.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, today is my first journey to this location. Today I will be taking US 50 outta DC. The generic directions seem to be US 50 to Rt450 exit to Crownsville Rd. Is there a better way ?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    December 6, 2016

st+nicks+shoes.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am out front. I am being refused entry without allowing scanning of driver lic. I thought this was fixed. What's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom