• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My SBR was disapproved because I wrote something incorrectly regarding the PSA lower's model number. I don't have the lower in front of me, and don't know what I did wrong with the model name.
    The form also mentioned "refund in process".

Do I need to start over and go to the back of the line or can I re-file with the correction?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    My SBR was disapproved because I wrote something incorrectly regarding the PSA lower's model number. I don't have the lower in front of me, and don't know what I did wrong with the model name.
    The form also mentioned "refund in process".

Do I need to start over and go to the back of the line or can I re-file with the correction?
    Was this an efile?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I just got my disapproval today too. I was told I didn't have the serial number. I called the provided number and spoke with an agent name Ted. I gave him my control number and he told me that I didn't have the letters needed with my serial numbers.

I feel like an idiot and don't even remember seeing any letters. He said he was going to call me but he didn't and so he denied my form. I'll check to see if there are any letters. The agent told me to call him back if there are no letters but I have to redo the entire form 1 again since they refunded the $200.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I re-submitted the form and sent Mr. Clutter an email, clarifying both permit numbers in the email. My mistake was I entered "AR-15" in the drop down instead of "PA-15" (PSA lower)
    I will let everyone know what I hear back.

You should be GTG unless there is something else wrong on there.:o

I re-submitted the form and sent Mr. Clutter an email, clarifying both permit numbers in the email. My mistake was I entered "AR-15" in the drop down instead of "PA-15" (PSA lower)
    I will let everyone know what I hear back.

APPROVED!!!
    Approval came the day after the disapproval. I re-submitted with the correction and sent an email to Mr. Clutter explaining it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    APPROVED!!!
    Approval came the day after the disapproval. I re-submitted with the correction and sent an email to Mr. Clutter explaining it.

Kind of amazing that a task which supposedly takes several months can be corrected in less than 24hrs huh? ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Kind of amazing that a task which supposedly takes several months can be corrected in less than 24hrs huh? ;)

Probably only takes minutes to peruse the dang things...once they make it to someone's desk. :rolleyes:

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I also got approved after one day too! I had to resubmit the form and pay the $200 again. Now waiting for the refund check or direct deposit.

Glad to hear the good news!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I also got approved after one day too! I had to resubmit the form and pay the $200 again. Now waiting for the refund check or direct deposit.

Glad to hear the good news!

I am waiting on a refund check from a Form 1 I asked to be canceled. It was disapproved on 12/31/2015 due to my request. I made the same mistake as the OP, but caught it when I went to do my 2nd application of that day. I did not leave off letter, but the leading zeros on my first Form 1 application. The one I resubmitted on 12/31/2015 was approved yesterday, along with the one I submitted on 12/29/2015.

The third one I submitted on 12/29/2015 was flagged for additional research because the cartridge was 458 SOCOM and it was not a drop down menu option for the CMT lower. That went "submitted" on January 12th. Hoping it goes "approved" sometime soon.

I will wait until after April 18th for the refund check before I send an e-mail asking about it.

I am going to submit a couple more Form 1's at the end of April after I have the time to do some research and deal with 922(r) on my Benelli M4 so I can put a collapsible stock on it and take the measurements.

Long story short, I am guessing the wait is going to be 90+ days for the refund check. At least the IRS is faster with refunds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom