• lg87

Dec 11, 2015
    i just had to wait longer than 7 about a month ago

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yes.

This advisory is nothing more than the notice on the back of the 77r, verbatim.

Never read it before.

Does it literally mention the days?. Seems to clear up any confusion about transfer day. Pickup day should be the same as the day of the week that paperwork is submitted. I've had an ffl or two tack on an extra day.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Never read it before.

Does it literally mention the days?. Seems to clear up any confusion about transfer day. Pickup day should be the same as the day of the week that paperwork is submitted. I've had an ffl or two tack on an extra day.

Attachments

• 7 day 77r.jpg
      7 day 77r.jpg
      24.2 KB · Views: 457

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Can we just do away with it if you already own a gun? This is the dumbest thing ever for people who already own firearms.

It's a "cooling off period", same as in any other Liberal-run principality or duchy. Reality has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's an answer in search of a question, as usual.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Right so why restate it?

For the same reason that every now and then... Norton issues one of his "reminders" to the gen pop of the MDS.

Reading too much into it can cause needless panic and butthurt... Simply heeding the warning brings some folks back to reality and reminds them that they are getting too close to the edge. Just MAYBE... the MDSP has noticed a loose trend in the works... and is calling attention to it rather than whacking someones twig and berries.

A wake up call of sorts if you will... :cool:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not cooling off period. It's so they have time to redo the checks. Checks themselves only take a few minutes (if everything is working), but they compensate for backlog, holidays, employee attendance, etc. 7 days was created back when things were all done by fax. Much faster now a days.

I agree, you you have an HQL or are exempt, have purchased a gun ~recently, etc why make people wait? If they do the check and find someone is prohibited (rare), then theirs an issue. Don't punish everyone every time because there's a mistake now and then.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I was in Duffy's around 11am Fri when they got the email.......they were all shrugging shoulders. Probably in anticipation of short staffing on top of incompetence issues with that particular division....:sad20:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It's jus' the same ol' shit, different year. On average, almost every other year MSP L&R comes out with this same thing or the other part of it as reminders, when the final part of the transfer is completed, 77R signed for the final time and customer/purchaser takes possession of the regulated firearm, the seller must return the original white copies of the 77R ensemble back to MSP L&R within 7 days after transfer of firearm. I've been in this business over 30 years and this same ol' shit is nothing new.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    that's a rule of procedure that governs court proceedings. I don't think it applies to this public safety statute.

I disagree: "In computing any period of time prescribed by these rules, by rule or order of court, or by any applicable statute..."

This is the default method of calculating time unless the statute specifies a different manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom