• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When my ( required dress for job) changed , I swore I would never again wear a tie.

But I own one suit specifically for dealing with politicians.

Justify to yourself that no one is making you wear a suit . You are deciding yourself to wear one when you choose to.

( Tyrany when you make me , freedom when I decide to ).

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Justify to yourself that no one is making you wear a suit . You are deciding yourself to wear one when you choose to.

This is exactly the way to look at it.

It's a tactic in the fight, and we need to understand that and use it. This whole thing is as much a PR battle as it is a battle of logic and who is right and wrong.

It is much easier for people (especially politicians) to write off pro-2A folks when they can say "oh, it's just a bunch of camo-wearing rednecks" than it is when we present ourselves as looking like them.

If we deny ourselves the advantage of presenting ourselves "well" (because the definition is subjective, and may be ********, but it is what it is and a large part of our society is programmed to listen to and respect a person because they are wearing certain clothing) then we are denying ourselves the use of a weapon in this fight. Sure, in an ideal world we'd all be able to show up wearing whatever we want, but this isn't an ideal world, and I'm in the camp that says we should use all of the weapons at our disposal.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

It's a tactic in the fight, and we need to understand that and use it. This whole thing is as much a PR battle as it is a battle of logic and who is right and wrong.

It is much easier for people (especially politicians) to write off pro-2A folks when they can say "oh, it's just a bunch of camo-wearing rednecks" than it is when we present ourselves as looking like them.

If we deny ourselves the advantage of presenting ourselves "well" (because the definition is subjective, and may be ********, but it is what it is and a large part of our society is programmed to listen to and respect a person because they are wearing certain clothing) then we are denying ourselves the use of a weapon in this fight. Sure, in an ideal world we'd all be able to show up wearing whatever we want, but this isn't an ideal world, and I'm in the camp that says we should use all of the weapons at our disposal.

Concur. I subscribe to this concept.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    id feel just as comfortable approaching one of those goons in a suit and tie as I would in camo pants, no shirt with an American flag and 2x4 like hacksaw jim duggan.

Id still conduct myself the same way in either attire and would care less how I looked as they don't care how they appear to us.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Dressing like the other side is just another tool in the tool box.

You come across as a reasonable person when you don’t stick with stereotypical modes of dress.

Use the tools

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    id feel just as comfortable approaching one of those goons in a suit and tie as I would in camo pants, no shirt with an American flag and 2x4 like hacksaw jim duggan.

Id still conduct myself the same way in either attire and would care less how I looked as they don't care how they appear to us.

That is you. But what about the rest of the anti 2nd Amendment audience out there on the streets?

Be approachable for them to ask questions. Not threatening. That is how many anti's view modern day, kitted out "militia".

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    That is you. But what about the rest of the anti 2nd Amendment audience out there on the streets?

Be approachable for them to ask questions. Not threatening. That is how many anti's view modern day, kitted out "militia".

I hear ya bud, I was mostly being funny.

Although, I wouldn't care much for what those dirt bags think of me, I get what you mean. :)

Even though 9 out of 10 of the other side wouldn't even be interested in asking sincere questions, more likely to argue with us.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not that we're seeking personal approval from ( various "them") , but we are trying to engage them in conversation with minimal non-verbal interference .

And conversing with 10% of crowds/ passing public would be great

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It's not that we're seeking personal approval from ( various "them") , but we are trying to engage them in conversation with minimal non-verbal interference .

Exactly

And conversing with 10% of crowds/ passing public would be great

Also exactly. And the "general public" who might not give a damn about guns, or who might have been fed the general "guns are bad, mmmmmmmmmmkay?" line are going to be much more likely to be willing to talk to a guy in a button down and a blazer than they are to a guy in cammies or web gear or whatever, simply because "militia" = "scary and bad", and "suit" = "nice guy" to most people.

It's a war of perception just as much as it is a war of principle and right and wrong.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Look at the quirky assemblage of perverts, exhibitionists, rapists, ideologues, Narcissists, liars, and fakes that is Hollywood. But they clean up and dress nicely, have great P.R. agents to spread a false narrative about them, and flaunt their beauty for the world to see.

P.S. Same for Congress, K Street, and Wall Street.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Valentino-Smith Event Monday Night

I got an email from the sponsor and purported author (HA!) of this travesty of justice proclaiming that she will present an event to appear with and promote the PG D[irtbag] Party's "Anointed One" for PG County Executive, The heretofore invisible Angela Alsobrooks.
    The Greater Bowie Democratic Club (which proudly serves Bowie, South Laurel, Glenn Dale and Upper Marlboro) will be having their General Body Meeting on Monday, April 16, 2018 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Old Bowie Town Grille with special guest, Angela Alsobrooks, Candidate for Prince George's County Executive who will be addressing the club.

I look forward to seeing you there! It remains my privilege to represent you and as always, please feel free to contact me at Geraldine.Valentino@house.state.ms.us or call 301-858-3101.

Sincerely,
    Geraldine Valentino-Smith

Delegate Geraldine Valentino-Smith
    6 Bladen Street Room 427
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    301-858-3101/410-841-3101
    www.delegategeraldine.com
    Delegate page on Facebook
    "Follow" me on Twitter

If anyone would like to appear there to let her know how much HB1302 is appreciated, this is a great opportunity. :innocent0 :party29:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Other ramifications ...

Besides out&out lying to have your firearms confiscated, I can see harassment like this happening more frequently just to keep us under their thumb.

Kyle Kashuv says school security questioned him for visiting gun range with his dad

Ken Bone says son was suspended from school for gun-range photo

Few parents, let alone teenagers, will be strong enough to stand up to public school political correctness when HB1302 takes affect in Oct and the MPGV/MDA harpies go on shaming patrols to ferret out the next generation's 2A advocates.

And you KNOW that they will ...

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Email from Colorado's NRA-ILA:

Yesterday, the House Judiciary Committee voted 7 to 4 to pass House Bill 1436, legislation that intends to create so-called “Extreme Risk Protection Orders.”**It is very important that you contact your state Representative and urge them to OPPOSE House Bill 1436 when it comes up for a vote.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Bloomberg's Everytown really went to town, didn't it?
    They likely have a checklist that they work though (in fact, if one visits the Marylanders to prevent gun violence web page, you can find one such checklist).

The scary thing is that they're running out of things to do in MD, so will likely turn their attention to the most restrictive legislative goals next ...

-mag possession bans
    -background checks on ammo purchases
    -no in state long gun sales without an FFL
    -a complete semiautomatic firearm ban

Again with no hard data that additional restrictions of a Constitutional right results in a significant benefit to the public at large (and no analysis if it harms the public at large).

Not like they've seriously analyzed effects on crime in MD following the 2013 restrictions and bans either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom