• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    No offense but have to agree. It's like you are giving your opinion on a restaurant you have never eaten at. The only experience you have is from reading the menu.

If he sat in the restaurant, wouldn't he form opinions of it. Why do you have to eat there to have an opinion on how comfortable the chairs are or how the restaurant is decorated. Maybe he doesn't like what's on the menu. Remember this is a table top review, not a range report.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    If he sat in the restaurant, wouldn't he form opinions of it. Why do you have to eat there to have an opinion on how comfortable the chairs are or how the restaurant is decorated. Maybe he doesn't like what's on the menu. Remember this is a table top review, not a range report.

+1 He clearly stated it was a table-top review.

I'm pretty sure he'll do a range report when he gets it out of holding. :D

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    No offense but have to agree. It's like you are giving your opinion on a restaurant you have never eaten at. The only experience you have is from reading the menu.

More pictures? You got more pictures.

We popped a few rounds off with a Tornado Tech threaded barrel and a Thompson Machine Poseidon. It shoots quite well. It also cycles perfectly fine with the can. The Poseidon with Wipes is also incredibly quiet for its size.

I've included a picture of the aforementioned recoil buffer and the captive guide rod. Enjoy. I will do a longer range report when I take it to an actual range. As I said in the original post. Have a nice day.

Attachments

• _DSC5219.jpg
      _DSC5219.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 253
    • _DSC5222.jpg
      _DSC5222.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 251
    • _DSC5223.jpg
      _DSC5223.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 257
    • _DSC5225.jpg
      _DSC5225.jpg
      51.3 KB · Views: 247

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011

When someone buys a gun, or knife, or anything else, they're going to have a great first impression of it. If they didn't, they wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Who buys something they don't like?
    I decided to say something because reviews like this are of little to no value. A real review would have accuracy tests, talk about the ergonomics, placement of controls, durability, action mechanism, maintenance, all the kind of things that you get from actually using a gun. A review is not "Just got this gun, it's awesome, put 100 rounds through it and it's amazing." That's someone making themself feel better about their purchase by posting a glowing review of whatever the product is. Is table-top review code for "I haven't used this yet?" Don't even get me started on how worthless unboxing videos are...

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    Beretta.... what could be the problem with it. I want one of each model they make. Reputation plays a big part in presumption and I'm sure the reputation will stand to prove any presumption correct. CX4 will be the next in my arsenal. It will go nicely with the 92FS Inox and the XDM 40 I have. After shooting both pistols I own the 92FS wins hands down! After the CX4 it will the 96A1. I'm willing to bet it'll blow the XDM 40 away. No pun intended.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    When someone buys a gun, or knife, or anything else, they're going to have a great first impression of it. If they didn't, they wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Who buys something they don't like?
    I decided to say something because reviews like this are of little to no value. A real review would have accuracy tests, talk about the ergonomics, placement of controls, durability, action mechanism, maintenance, all the kind of things that you get from actually using a gun. A review is not "Just got this gun, it's awesome, put 100 rounds through it and it's amazing." That's someone making themself feel better about their purchase by posting a glowing review of whatever the product is. Is table-top review code for "I haven't used this yet?" Don't even get me started on how worthless unboxing videos are...

You might as well have just said "I don't like table top reviews".

Which would have been an equal waste of typing time as what I quoted above.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I would have been happy with the pics and a quote of "hey all, check out my new Beretta!"

Instead he added some facts about the differences between the similar models, some aesthetic things he likes (like the rounded trigger guard) which upon his mentioning I noticed I really like too.

Cool pics, plus some gravy. I appreciate it Jawn. :thumbsup:

Look forward to the range report.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I would have been happy with the pics and a quote of "hey all, check out my new Beretta!"

Instead he added some facts about the differences between the similar models, some aesthetic things he likes (like the rounded trigger guard) which upon his mentioning I noticed I really like too.

Cool pics, plus some gravy. I appreciate it Jawn. :thumbsup:

Look forward to the range report.

Glad you liked it. I figured it was worthwhile since Beretta has basically four models that are separated by rather small details.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I need to go pull mine out of the safe and a look at it, I thought all of the trigger guards have always been rounded.

It looks like Beretta made some nice updates to the fs92 line.

Congrats on your purchase.

I'm amazed at how many folks on here buy guns from Engage they must be good people; I wasn't overly impressed with the shop except for the train store section. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Some of you guys complaining often add absolutely nothing to this forum in the means of technical additions. Yay for you, you can complain, just like you do in ohter threads too. How special?

Jawn didnt buy a gun and lie about its performance, how many rounds he has through it like I know alot of people do.

Jawn was honest, he gave props to Engage and gave some feedback.

Good job Jawn, please dont let the assholes stop you from posting. The M9 is a fantastic pistol when lubed with good lube and when it has good mags.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I need to go pull mine out of the safe and a look at it, I thought all of the trigger guards have always been rounded.

It looks like Beretta made some nice updates to the fs92 line.

Congrats on your purchase.

I'm amazed at how many folks on here buy guns from Engage they must be good people; I wasn't overly impressed with the shop except for the train store section. :)

The 92FS and M9 both have a squared off part on the front of the trigger guard, starting back when a lot of people were placing a finger up there as part of their grip.

I've been to a number of shops in MD (it's not even the closest shop to my house), but I've always been satisfied with the customer service and their selection of products. I don't know who else would let me borrow a threaded barrel and a suppressor to squeeze off a few rounds in the middle of the day :D.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I think maybe I went in there on a day when they didn't have a whole lot of stuff out.

I'm going to go pull my Centurion out of the safe and take a look at the trigger guard. I tell you my Beretta by far has the smoothest slide action of any of my handguns. I bought some 18 round Mec-Gar mags for it... :thumbsup:

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Some of you guys complaining often add absolutely nothing to this forum in the means of technical additions. Yay for you, you can complain, just like you do in ohter threads too. How special?

Jawn didnt buy a gun and lie about its performance, how many rounds he has through it like I know alot of people do.

Good job Jawn, please dont let the assholes stop you from posting. The M9 is a fantastic pistol when lubed with good lube and when it has good mags.

Thanks, Chad.

I've lubed it up with a combination of Wilson Combat Ultima Lube Grease and Slip2000 EWL, as per Garrett's recommendations. I figure with steel riding on aluminum, I should be fairly generous with lubrication.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Jawn, congrats on the 92A1. I look forward to a range report. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

+1

:D:thumbsup:

DrunkUncles

Mar 18, 2011
    Edgewater MD

Kilroy, congrats in being a douche.... Do you feel better now or do you wonna pee in his leg and tell the man it's raining?

Congrats Jawn, it's a great gun. I'm sure you will have many years of enjoyment.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Oh well, looks like I'm a douchebag for saying a tabletop review isn't a review. Maybe if this thread was called "Check out my new gun" we wouldn't have these problems...

Nothing personal Jawn. If you want to go shooting sometime, I'll spot you a box of 9mm for your new toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom