Does a Carry Permit Allow you to pay and go same day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I was wondering, and I think it was covered here before, does having your wear/carry permit in Maryland allow you to cash (whatever payment) and carry firearms from an FFL?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Not for regulated firearms in Maryland. The 7 day wait is a distinctly different law.

All others are cash and carry.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The irony is if you have a permit you could be carrying while you make that purchase.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

But, but, but ... the 7-day "cooling off" period will prevent you from acting out in violence with a newly-purchased firearm.

Even though you own 100 "old' firearms, duh.

Even more idiotic...

A Police Officer, in uniform, with his/her issued sidearm open carried in the holster... is also made to wait the seven day period to pick up a newly purchased regulated firearm.

LibIdiots run our state.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Even more idiotic...

A Police Officer, in uniform, with his/her issued sidearm open carried in the holster... is also made to wait the seven day period to pick up a newly purchased regulated firearm.

Just like the rest of us. Good.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just like the rest of us. Good.

Really?

I do not believe that it should be different... I want the same freedoms for ALL...

But I certainly would NEVER celebrate nor support the infringements of anyone else because I was not able to exercise the same rights.

Would you also say "Good" to the people of other states because they were in the same situation as we are here in Maryland.?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Really?

I do not believe that it should be different... I want the same freedoms for ALL...

But I certainly would NEVER celebrate nor support the infringements of anyone else because I was not able to exercise the same rights.

Would you also say "Good" to the people of other states because they were in the same situation as we are here in Maryland.?

LE can buy normal AR's and standard cap mags, why the subjects can not do that, because of FSA2013.

I know where you stand and what you believe in, but I have to agree with DC-W on this. The MGA made 2 classes of people for firearms ownership: the haves and the have nots. Seeing that LE has to go through the same waiting period means that the line is not clear cut, but instead, it is in fact blurry for good reason.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    LE can buy normal AR's and standard cap mags, why the subjects can not do that, because of FSA2013.

I know where you stand and what you believe in, but I have to agree with DC-W on this. The MGA made 2 classes of people for firearms ownership: the haves and the have nots. Seeing that LE has to go through the same waiting period means that the line is not clear cut, but instead, it is in fact blurry for good reason.

While I understand your point. I cannot agree with his sentiment on the issue. It is rather selfish to say “Good” to anyone else’s infringement because we are infringed.

Think of it this way... If Pa. were to ban non HBAR ARs tomorrow... would you say “Good” because now they’re under the same infringement as we are?

As to the standard barrel ARs. Doesn’t the law require that the LEO obtain a written letter from their Department before the non HBAR rifle can be purchased? Isn’t that exemption in place to allow the purchase for work use?

I personally believe the law to be a ridiculous case of quibbling over a few ounces of weight. The HBARs are actually more durable and maintain accuracy better. The only advantage to the non HBAR... would be the ability to mount an M203 to it. But... hey... that’s just my thoughts on the topic.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    While I understand your point. I cannot agree with his sentiment on the issue. It is rather selfish to say “Good” to anyone else’s infringement because we are infringed.

Think of it this way... If Pa. were to ban non HBAR ARs tomorrow... would you say “Good” because now they’re under the same infringement as we are?

As to the standard barrel ARs. Doesn’t the law require that the LEO obtain a written letter from their Department before the non HBAR rifle can be purchased? Isn’t that exemption in place to allow the purchase for work use?

I personally believe the law to be a ridiculous case of quibbling over a few ounces of weight. The HBARs are actually more durable and maintain accuracy better. The only advantage to the non HBAR... would be the ability to mount an M203 to it. But... hey... that’s just my thoughts on the topic.
    They do need department letterhead, but they are allowed to keep the banned firearm, even after they leave the department or retire. That is ********. Either they are issued the weapon or they don't get one. No exemptions for LE should be granted in that respect. They should have to suffer like we do, when dealing with firearm laws in MD.

We can't buy standard cap mags, but LE can.

There are the 2 classes. The MGA had made it subjects versus LE and politicians. That is the problem with the infringements.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Some examples of how the state gives power to LE over everyone else.

Parents who are LE can go onto school grounds armed. The rest of us cannot
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...on=4-102&ext=html&session=2019RS&tab=subject5
    (This was passed because Delegate Dumais's brother had been carrying off-duty on property and had been in violation of the law all along...).

LE in their official business are exempt from MD's 'assault weapons' ban
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...cle=gcr&section=4-302&ext=html&session=2019RS

And retired are also exempt from parts of our ban:
    (7) possession by a person who is retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the State or a local unit in the State and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving an assault weapon or detachable magazine if:

(i) the assault weapon or detachable magazine is sold or transferred to the person by the law enforcement agency on retirement; or

(ii) the assault weapon or detachable magazine was purchased or obtained by the person for official use with the law enforcement agency before retirement;
    And this
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...cle=gcr&section=4-305&ext=html&session=2019RS

4–305.(a)This section does not apply to:(1)a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine;OR(2)A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR A PERSON WHO RETIRED IN GOOD STANDING FROM SERVICE WITH A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THE UNITED STATES,THE STATE,OR ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN THE STATE.(b)Aperson may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than [20]10rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

If bad laws that strip the rights of Marylanders are to exist, they should apply to us equally. Anything else is an affront to our history and liberty (as are the laws of course, as if it needed to be said).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom