• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Many thanks to Mark for once again helping me solve a firearm related problem. This one involved a Silencerco Octane 9 and a Dan Wesson Discretion.

I'm pretty clueless as to how all the attachments and innards of suppressors work, other than the intended outcome of reducing noise. I took the combination of the two items to the range this morning, but couldn't get the pistol to cycle with any of the ammo I tried. It was dead nuts accurate and Hollywood quiet, however, one shot at a time. So there's that.

Turns out that there is an insert that I should have known to swap out in the can that would have helped the pistol cycle, and now I know what to look for in my box o' parts. Pretty sure I have it, but since the directions/manual that came with the can are pretty sketchy, I had no idea.

Thanks to Mark, I know what to look for and once again he provided valuable information that isn't always available at other shops.

2A Rocks! :party29:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It turns out I did have the cap nut in question, and the can is assembled according to your directions. Looking forward to taking it out soon. Thanks again, Mark! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom