• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I'm curious how he got in a locked booth.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Unwanted touching...y’all dont like that BUT the state and counties reach into your pocket early and often. They’ve also managed to strip most of you of the dignity and righteousness of self protection. That’s pretty egregious imo.

Putting your hands on someone else who doesn’t want or expect it is bad. Putting your hands on them in an aggressive or violent manner is unsat and frankly deserving of appropriate response. What is appropriate you ask. Well, I’m thinking you invite an ass kicking at a minimum and maybe a profound beating if appropriate. Self defense is a continuum thing. Unlike police, citizens (in free states in America anyhow) can move up the use of force continuum as quickly as they feel compelled. That’s for a jury to decide.

Jumping from push or shove to gunplay might just be too much escalation if at once.

What’s enough force? Enough to stop the threat.

Only dumbasses lay hands on other folks. Don’t be a dumbass. Karma trolls dumbasses. Results are not often pretty.

Cause. Effect. Behavior modification.

if the victim truly believes he, or she, is in danger and or their life is being threatened lethal force should always be the goal. stopping short only to get beaten down or even killed when an assailant gets his second wind is a bad plan.

IMO of course

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'm curious how he got in a locked booth.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering WHY he decided to get INTO the locked booth.

What was the real catalyst to this escalated attack?

Was the Metro employee enumerating the typical "screw you, I don't care" look and body language, as is all too often seen with public transit workers?

I had to laugh the other day. I pulled up to a MTA (Moving Thugs Around) bus and in very large signage at the bus door, was a warning posted that "assaulting a bus driver is a 10 year prison term"; or words to that effect.

What about the rest of us...? :rolleyes:

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I'm wondering WHY he decided to get INTO the locked booth.

What was the real catalyst to this escalated attack?

Was the Metro employee enumerating the typical "screw you, I don't care" look and body language, as is all too often seen with public transit workers?

I had to laugh the other day. I pulled up to a MTA (Moving Thugs Around) bus and in very large signage at the bus door, was a warning posted that "assaulting a bus driver is a 10 year prison term"; or words to that effect.

What about the rest of us...? :rolleyes:

I guess im wondering if she opened the door to have a confrontation that went badly.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I guess im wondering if she opened the door to have a confrontation that went badly.

Regardless, I'm going to guess that however he got into her personal space (kiosk not withstanding), she probably wasn't the one who started the physical conflict. Of course it's possible, but very unlikely.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Let's keep the butthurt over the Florida incident debate in that thread and just keep to the incident at hand here. Please. Thanks.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

IIRC, the door to the kiosk is on the "inside" of the Metro station, the side you access after you use your Smart Trip card and pass through the turnstyle and enter the system. There is an intercom that allows a manager in the kiosk to talk with someone "outside" of the system, but there is no intercom to speak with someone who is already inside the system. The only way to have a conversation with someone in the system is for the manager to open the door.

Someone set me straight if I mess this up.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's been a while, but I think there are vents on the "fare paid" side of the armored closet Metro calls a kiosk. Still, I also have to wonder how he got in.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Intercom is on both sides of the kiosk. They also suck as they are not bidirectional. What ever the word is for being able to talk at the same time. Easier to open the door.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Intercom is on both sides of the kiosk. They also suck as they are not bidirectional. What ever the word is for being able to talk at the same time. Easier to open the door.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

I think it's called full duplex.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Thanks for setting me straight.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    What’s enough force? Enough to stop the threat.

Exactly! Tell the jury you responded to a threat and you felt your life was in such danger that it would result in death or seriously bodily harm. Therefore you responded as trained, and placed two shots center of mass of the target and keep repeating until no threat remained.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    An active investigation so you don’t make conclusive statements

Agreed. We don't know the facts.
    What might be helpful to some of the other commentators is the case law and code in DC which in terms of self defense law is considered in the intermediate between of stand your ground and full duty to retreat.

We got this with my DC CCL training (actual jury instruction on on page 3):
    https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...s/District Law Pertaining to Self Defense.pdf

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    What is deadly force? A gun, probably, a knife not so much?

Sent from the 3rd Rock

DC law states it is not allowable to carry a knife IF you intend to use it as a weapon. Other than that most knives are legal with the exception of balisongs and switchblades.

It will probably be up to the jury as to how said knife is classified...i.e. As a "dangerous weapon" or just a pocket knife. Hopefully the citizens of DC can come to the conclusion that a person should be able to use anything at their disposal to defend themselves if they believe their life is in danger.

Better to be judged by by twelve than carried by six....

Applicable DC code: D.C. Code § 22-4504 (2012)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom