• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I go every two weeks or so. My (non) complaints are 66 and occasional wait.

LOVE that they are hawks & enforce rules....I want to leave with same amount of blood I walked in with! Indoor ranges can get dicey if there are lax RO's....

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Seriously, the NRA range is the model for civilian ranges.

Modern, Clean with a very professional cadre.

As some one mentioned, the ROs just don't issue you a command. They actually explain and teach you the reason why they issue you the command.

Also they are deservedly over protective since any AD/ND or God-for-bid, an unintentional or intentional GSW to a shooter or visitor would be plastered on the front page of every yellow journalism rag and fill every air minute on MSNBC, CNN and the 3 Networks for not just a 24hr news cycle but a 24/7/365 cycle in an an all out attempt to destroy the NRA.

Hol3shot

Sweet...
    Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena MD
    What is the purpose of this thread?:cool:

I agree. I personally think that the NRA range should be 5x as strict as any other range since if something happened there, be it even a suicide; the detrimental impact from anti's and the national news coverage that would invariable follow would significantly hurt the range to no end.

Just my take on it

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    cuz '13rs are special when they all tried to climb into the car durring the SB281 battle.....

14'ers are asking all the questions, that already have answers on here. The search button is their friend.

Best 14er line ever.
    When was the AR15 GP barrel and AK47 banned? Why didn't I hear about this? I've owned guns for the past 10 years!

What in the hell is an HBAR?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    O.K. This forum has taken shots at Maryland Small Arms Range (I admit I was one of those critics) and then we had a go at Gilbert’s. So let’s complete the set by throwing some venom at the NRA range. I’ve seen some snarky comments about how they “sit on your shoulder”.

I, personally, have no problem with someone keeping very careful track of me and what I’m doing with a deadly firearm. If I do something wrong or foolish then I deserve to have it pointed out to me. If I maintain safe practices then they only nod and smile at me as I enter and leave the range.

However, I invite anyone’s opinion on why that’s a bad idea.

the reason some of us sit on your shoulder is because we do not know what your intentions are upon entering a facility that utilizes a firearm for sport or personal protection, hunting or something more devious/ill such as suicide. could you imagine what the press would do if the HEADQUARTERS of the NRA had a suicide at the range? some of us will sit on your shoulder to be sure. personally i don't "sit on your shoulder", but i have full control of your upper apendanges if the need arises, which means your personal space is shared with me. :D

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Yes, they watch you closely

Since the NRA range allows rapid fire, drawing from a holster, and use of large caliber long guns, I am highly concerned about the other users, so having the range nannies supervise tightly is necessary. If my local range allowed rapid fire and holster work, then I wouldn't need to use the NRA range.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I wish they had more lanes.. Too long a wait .
    Nice range tho, much nicer than the other indoor ranges in the area.
    Also, you can [I believe] fire steel cased ammo [Wolf Wpa] there as long as its lead core.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    If I had to invent a problem about this range other than the long wait times, it would be that they kick you off after an hour if there are others waiting. I don't shoot often so I bring lots of guns when I go, but when I go to the NRA I have to limit myself to a few guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom