• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Have to remember that one.
    Me too.. great idea! Thanks!

I will definitely be employing that in future use. But.. I do shoot a downrange target, as most of my chrono use is for load testing new load workups and I need both chrono feedback and accuracy downrange, but I can see this being a much better way to introduce the chrono to the line of fire accurately! :thumbsup:

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Just got an email saying LabRadar is available for pre-order! $600 (with soft case) is a hell of a price but there are some serious advantages to all the consumer-level products out there:

- No connection to the gun so no POI shift as has been reported on the MagnetoSpeed. I have the MagnetoSpeed V2 and I do see a slight POI shift with it.

- No change to readings for environmental conditions.

- No downrange components to shoot up like a photo cell based unit.

- You get multiple down range speeds out to 100 yards on some calibers. This is great for at least doing initial verification of BC accuracy. You'd need something to go a lot farther to get accuracy for G1 v/s G7 but still it's more data than is available now.

My questions:

- How far do you have to be from another gun for it not to trigger on that gun's muzzle blast?

- How durable is the unit? All weather I hope.

- How close to the line of fire does it have to be to be accurate?

- How easy is it to aim at the target?

Gonna have to start saving my nickels again... Anyone want to buy a MagnetoSpeed V2 for $600.00? ;)

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Sorry to sound like a dweeb, but I shoot at public handgun ranges. No opportunity for anyone to go forward of the firing line safely. I assume a chrony isn't an opton, as setting it up on the bench is too close?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Sorry to sound like a dweeb, but I shoot at public handgun ranges. No opportunity for anyone to go forward of the firing line safely. I assume a chrony isn't an opton, as setting it up on the bench is too close?

Magnaspeed or lab radar will work for you.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I shoot at a public range and setup is done during the cease-fires when the line is cold and you can move forward of the shooting line. It's kind of a pain, cause it takes a little tweaking, but if you arrive early in the morning, the overnight cease-fire gives you plenty of time to get it close.

You need a normal chrono downrange of the firearm, or the muzzle blast and gasses will screw with it. I set mine up at least 10-15' downrange from the muzzle.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Just got an email saying LabRadar is available for pre-order! $600 (with soft case) is a hell of a price but there are some serious advantages to all the consumer-level products out there:

- No connection to the gun so no POI shift as has been reported on the MagnetoSpeed. I have the MagnetoSpeed V2 and I do see a slight POI shift with it.

- No change to readings for environmental conditions.

- No downrange components to shoot up like a photo cell based unit.

- You get multiple down range speeds out to 100 yards on some calibers. This is great for at least doing initial verification of BC accuracy. You'd need something to go a lot farther to get accuracy for G1 v/s G7 but still it's more data than is available now.

My questions:

- How far do you have to be from another gun for it not to trigger on that gun's muzzle blast?

- How durable is the unit? All weather I hope.

- How close to the line of fire does it have to be to be accurate?

- How easy is it to aim at the target?

Gonna have to start saving my nickels again... Anyone want to buy a MagnetoSpeed V2 for $600.00? ;)

That's higher than expected.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    That's higher than expected.

Yes but it has significant advantages over the competitors, is spanking new and is only $200 more than the MagnetoSpeed V3. I'm betting they will be back-ordered for the remainder of 2015. New fangled whizzy woo tingly data toy and a bunch of gun nuts with some jingle and someone is going to make bank!

:party29:

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Yes but it has significant advantages over the competitors, is spanking new and is only $200 more than the MagnetoSpeed V3. I'm betting they will be back-ordered for the remainder of 2015. New fangled whizzy woo tingly data toy and a bunch of gun nuts with some jingle and someone is going to make bank!

:party29:

Actually the features and benefits have been downgraded. I have been in touch and have helped them with s few things over the course of two years or so.

The original price point was $400-$450, now it appears to be $550. Not sure where the $600 is coming from.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Price from Long Range Hunting email blast was $560.00 + $40.00 for the soft case. I don't have any extra cases and I wouldn't spend that much on gear without protecting it somehow.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/store/labradar-chronograph.html

Anyway, interested in hearing your take on the entire unit since I'm only familiar with the concept, not the product. What features will it be missing? Listed accuracy is 0.1% so that puts it in the class of the MagnetoSpeed at 0.1% - 0.4% based on their website. So expect an accuracy +/- 2.6 fps on a 2600 fps shot. Does this sound correct?

Appreciate any info.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    It's going to be s great product, and I plan to buy one.

They have had some issues with the original software and design and had to change some things to comply.

The version they are releasing is not as powerful as the original plan and will not calculate BC.

In the end I think they will have a great product and will be successful. I'm betting there will be a version 2 released within a year or two.

I'm looking forward to testing the product when it gets released.

atom33

Worker Drone - 7G
    Dec 7, 2008
    AmerikaTown
    Labradar-

This looked pricey but interesting at the projected $500 price, not sure at $600. How much of a limitation is the max range of 100 yards? Can you get enough data from this for reloading, or do you want/need data out to the max range you'll be shooting?

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    You only need 1 accurate reading at an accurate distance and to know the BC of your projectile to calculate your range card. What I was talking about was BC verification which has been impossible for anyone without a ballistics laboratory. It was a pie in the sky statement and I should have noted it as such. Sorry.

To bring perspective, my magnetospeed measures MV about 2 inches in front of the muzzle and a photo cell chrony usually measures about 10 feet in front. So having multiple MV readings further down range is a boon.

The biggest advantage to me is that I don't have to go down range to reposition a chrony and I don't have to attach anything to the barrel. So I can shoot at any target and and measure every shot without affecting the barrel harmonics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Today's shipping update on LabRadar:

Date: Aug 31, 2015 1:17 PM

TCK, LLC the exclusive distributor for LabRadar has been notified by Infinition, the Canadian manufacturer of LabRadar that while production has started they were informed by a supplier of one part that is on backorder. As you can imagine that is disappointing to everyone involved. They have told us a small portion of shipment may become available in October and those customers have been notified in a separate email. The orders are being filled in the order taken.

The remainder will not be assembled until around Christmas due to this backordered part.

We apologize for the delay, but know you will be very satisfied as the reviews on the first shipment have been excellent. Should this delay be unacceptable to you feel free to contact us by email and we can cancel your order at info@mylabradar.com

Best regards,

Richard Mouser
    Exclusive Distributor for LabRadar
    info@mylabradar.com
    www.mylabradar.com
    www.buymylabradar.com

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    YES!!!

13nov15 LabRadar update:

Thank you for shopping with TCK,LLC dba LabRadar at http://www.buymylabradar.com.

This automated e-mail serves as confirmation that your order has been shipped.

Shipping Summary
    ----------------

Invoice #: 0000001261

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty | Item # | Description | Date Shipped | Tracking #
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 | 001 | Labradar PRE-ORDER Late Sept/ Early October | |
    | (US & Canada only)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom