• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hey fam looking to borrow an 80% router jig. Probably going to need it around the first weekend of Feb but not 100% sure. Need lender to be kinda flexible on dates cuz gathering 3 cops in different units for a build is like pulling teeth thanks to scheduling.

It will 100% be returned in the same condition or I’ll be buying you a new one. Bottle of Rare Breed or McLintocks white whiskey for your trouble or ammo or a case of Yuengling. The jPrefer MoCo and I’ll snag it at a location convenient to you.

Totally cool with a small deposit, ID picture, whatever you need to feel comfortable.

PM with number and name to contact and I’ll make it work.

Would totally consider buying a used one!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hey fam looking to borrow an 80% router jig. Probably going to need it around the first weekend of Feb but not 100% sure. Need lender to be kinda flexible on dates cuz gathering 3 cops in different units for a build is like pulling teeth thanks to scheduling.

It will 100% be returned in the same condition or I’ll be buying you a new one. Bottle of Rare Breed or McLintocks white whiskey for your trouble or ammo or a case of Yuengling. The jPrefer MoCo and I’ll snag it at a location convenient to you.

Totally cool with a small deposit, ID picture, whatever you need to feel comfortable.

PM with number and name to contact and I’ll make it work.

Would totally consider buying a used one!

PM sent

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Can I join in?

If three is tough, wait til four!!!

Only if you promise to clean up your mess. I know how you all like to damage goods on my side and drive away.

Doc, I got your message and am looking into to my router vs their bits I'll be shooting you a message once I get my answer. Chances are I'll take you up on that super awesome generous offer! If my contractor friends say my router will fit one of their catagories I'm gonna order the ends

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Only if you promise to clean up your mess. I know how you all like to damage goods on my side and drive away.

Doc, I got your message and am looking into to my router vs their bits I'll be shooting you a message once I get my answer. Chances are I'll take you up on that super awesome generous offer! If my contractor friends say my router will fit one of their catagories I'm gonna order the ends

You can use my router too. I have the DeWalt that 5D tactical recommends. :D

Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    FWIW I made my first with the EZ-jig and decided to upgrade to the 5D, world of difference. So much so that I got the AR-10 upgrade pieces.

I think getting fresh router bit minimizes problems after 3-4 uses. I definitely noticed performance degradation after second use of EZ-jig bit.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    FWIW I made my first with the EZ-jig and decided to upgrade to the 5D, world of difference. So much so that I got the AR-10 upgrade pieces.

I think getting fresh router bit minimizes problems after 3-4 uses. I definitely noticed performance degradation after second use of EZ-jig bit.
    I did the exact same thing. Even got the AR-10 pieces. I have done about 10 lowers on it. So easy and the results are awesome.

Congratulations on your new position at the ATF.

:D

Nothing illegal here. He has to do all the work, but can borrow the jig and tools. I am not a machine shop and an not profiting.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I did the exact same thing. Even got the AR-10 pieces. I have done about 10 lowers on it. So easy and the results are awesome.

Nothing illegal here. He has to do all the work, but can borrow the jig and tools. I am not a machine shop and an not profiting.

Your the freaking best but turns out all the guys split the cost. We got the same jig you mentioned!

I seriously can't thank you enough!

Also to the other gents who sent me PMs you are AWESOME.

We are going to be making our own just sharing our tools.....giggity

lol I a, not profiting here either if anything I'm losing money in the form of yuengling

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Nah bro, he's one of these guys.

QjXr48n.jpg

I keed I keed
    :lol2:

(thanks Chad for sharing this spicy meme)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Your the freaking best but turns out all the guys split the cost. We got the same jig you mentioned!

I seriously can't thank you enough!

Also to the other gents who sent me PMs you are AWESOME.

We are going to be making our own just sharing our tools.....giggity

lol I a, not profiting here either if anything I'm losing money in the form of yuengling

LOL. Enjoy!! You won't be disappointed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I spent 30 mins in Home Depot looking for a 1/4 collet though which pissed me off lol. Home Depot is only good if you know exactly where the item you need is
    Home Depot has like NO tooling you need. Amazon is where I get most of my stuff.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Buy extra bits. I noticed my 1/4" carbide end mills were worn enough to have trouble in the bottom of the walls after doing two lowers on my CNC mill.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The 5D tactical bits are proprietary. Compared to other end-mills, they are not badly priced.

To get my money back I'm going have to build 8 lowers down another rabbit hole I went.

Anyone wanna buy a G33 or M&P 357C :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom