• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    Just got back from Absolute Investigative Services in Towson off of Joppa Rd. they were FANTASTIC! I asked the guy how many apps he had been getting and he told me he had been getting a ton. He also said these permits have been the most things he has been doing fingerprints for in the last week or two. It took me longer to drive there than it did to actually go thru the paces for Fingerprints, photos, and notary. If anyone is in the Towson area, I 100% reccomened these guys. Cost $70.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    :thumbsup: I second that, quick and easy.

Just got back from Absolute Investigative Services in Towson off of Joppa Rd. they were FANTASTIC! I asked the guy how many apps he had been getting and he told me he had been getting a ton. He also said these permits have been the most things he has been doing fingerprints for in the last week or two. It took me longer to drive there than it did to actually go thru the paces for Fingerprints, photos, and notary. If anyone is in the Towson area, I 100% reccomened these guys. Cost $70.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    I work for a private company and dont know how to answerquestion 10, Agency License # Can anyone advise please, I dont know what they're looking for

Thanks

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    I work for a private company and dont know how to answerquestion 10, Agency License # Can anyone advise please, I dont know what they're looking for

Thanks

I believe that refers to permit applicants who are security guards or private investigators. I'm putting "N/A" in those fields. Anybody else?

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks for the info, one last question and I'm done.
    If I read the instructions right and if I've paid an outside firm for the electronic fingerprints and have their receipt to send with the app, I only send a check for $75. Is that correct?

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    so let's say my 2nd/part time job is with a security company...unarmed...and in no way related to MD. I still wouldn't need to put Agency #, correct?

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    so let's say my 2nd/part time job is with a security company...unarmed...and in no way related to MD. I still wouldn't need to put Agency #, correct?

If you're not applying for a permit related to that employer, I'd say no. Including it in that case might just cause confusion about which type of permit you're seeking.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    MSP has a new application available which shows 2x2 photos are acceptable (courtesy of a post made by Threeband in the Woollard decision thread).

The new application, which does not contain either a date code of a document version number, also requests Cell Phone and Email contact fields for submitted references.

THANKS! Updated original doc on page 1 listing this APP/link.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Had a LIVESCAN done today at Hagerstown. Several of my fingers were rejected for prints by the device, even after the woman tried 6 times on each one. After 6 times, she didn't go any further and sent the rejected prints to FBI.
    I did my very best as did the employee, but my application could be rejected because of this. After all I've put into this, it gives me a sinking feeling.
    One thing for sure, I can't change the fingerprints on my hand. I've even had ink prints rejected in the past. But, it's not my fault.
    The woman said she's been doing fingerprints for 2 years,

I have been told to hydrate my hands with lotion for a few days to get better prints. It seemed to do the trick in my case.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Funny enough, I was worried about my prints. I was taking my own passport photo, and the camera door has been a little tricky. I decided to use superglue to fix the plastic piece back together.
    Well, you guessed it, I superglued my fingers together. So.... I sent off my pictures to get developed at CVS so I can get something to get this superglue off at the same time... Well, I got most of it off.. only to find that the livescan place takes my photos for the included price I already pre-paid!
    I did notice when I took my prints, the remaining residue of superglue on my fingers glowed red on the computer scan. But it seemed to take the prints just fine. The guy never said anything about my prints. Hope it read them fine.

I currently have a permit for my job and it expires in Oct and is restricted to work related use only (witch means never used in 6 yrs) and my employer is not going to renew the permits anymore as they feel it is not necessary and due to cost ect ect.. was I correct in marking the new permit or should it have been marked as a renewal? I guess it's a moot point cause it's in the mail already but I am curious.

AllMightyGeek

Mar 13, 2012
    Arrested for DWI in 1979 - how does this impact application

In NJ. I paid a fine, lost my license for 3 months, went to driving school to take a course in safe driving. I was young and stupid. It was my first and only offense. In the 33 years since, I've been a very good boy. I never even drank that often. I was just an occasional drinker.

How does this impact my application for a Maryland permit? Based on the "ever arrested" question, I suppose I have to answer in the affirmative. I don't even remember the exact dates, or where I would get that info.

Could it really be that this offense, so long ago, could be grounds for rejection?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Geek

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    In NJ. I paid a fine, lost my license for 3 months, went to driving school to take a course in safe driving. I was young and stupid. It was my first and only offense. In the 33 years since, I've been a very good boy. I never even drank that often. I was just an occasional drinker.

How does this impact my application for a Maryland permit? Based on the "ever arrested" question, I suppose I have to answer in the affirmative. I don't even remember the exact dates, or where I would get that info.

Could it really be that this offense, so long ago, could be grounds for rejection?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Geek

Maybe you could contact these guys and see if they know how to get the records? I see a Records Request Form on the NJ Courts website, so maybe that'll also come in handy. No telling what the MSP will do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom